Last modified: 2008-05-24 by francisco gregoric
Keywords: arrecifes | partido de arrecifes | partido de bartolomé mitre | mitre (bartolomé) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The Partido de Arrecifes is located at the north-east part of the Province of Buenos Aires at 166 km from the City of Buenos Aires. It is 1,241 Km² and it had a total population of 27,279 habitants in the last census (2001). Its main economical activities are agriculture and stockbreeding.
The colonization of the area started in the XVI Century, and the Partido de Arrecifes was officially founded in 1784 in times of the Viceroyalty of the Plata River. The present day district was founded in 1864, and it reached its present day borders in 1961. Between 1901 and 1997 the district has changed its name from Partido de Arrecifes to Partido de Bartolomé Mitre (for the Argentine President of the XIX Century) and viceversa several times. The present name (since 1997) is Partido de Arrecifes.
Francisco Gregoric, 10 Apr 2008
A white flag with the municipal coat of arms at center. Below that the name of the district in white letters inside a blue ribbon appears.
Francisco Gregoric, 26 Feb 2006
Anything below this line was not added by the editor of this page.