Last modified: 2015-02-26 by francisco gregoric
Keywords: bragado | partido de bragado |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Bragado (40,373 inhabitants, 2,212 sq. km) is
located in the central North-East of the Province of Buenos Aires, in the heart of the pampa. The municipality of Bragado is made of the
town of Bragado and of the villages of O'Brien, Mechita, Comodoro Py,
Irala, Warnes, Olascoaga, Máximo Fernández, La Limpia and Asamblea.
The town of Bragado was formed on 5 March 1846 as the Military Canton
of Santa Rosa del Bragado during the struggle against the Indians; the
municipality of Bragado was created on 17 October 1851 while Bragado
was proclaimed a town in 1908.
Ivan Sache 17 Oct 2008 Other sites:
The municipal website announced on 14 October 2008 the launching of a
competition for the design of the municipal flag. The town has already
a coat of arms, designed by Pr. Cormarck, but no flag yet.
All the education institutes of the town are invited to submit
proposals, from which a jury will draw a short list of 10 entries from
which the jury will extract the winning design. The flag is expected
to be selected before the end of the year.
Ivan Sache, 17 Oct 2008
Anything below this line was not added by the editor of this page.