Last modified: 2014-07-12 by francisco gregoric
Keywords: tres lomas | partido de tres lomas |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Tres Lomas (8,712 inhabitants in 2010; 126,340 ha) is located in the west of the Buenos Aires Province, 580 km from La Plata and 520 km from Buenos Aires. The municipality is made of the towns of Tres Lomas (8,061 inh.) and Ingeniero Thompson.
Tres Lomas originates in the establishment on 7 February 1906 of a railway station, named for the local topography ("Three Hills"). Originally known as José M. Blanco, the town was renamed Tres Lomas by Provincial Decree No/. 2,363 of 10 May 1971. Ingeniero Thompson was established on 12 May 1902, close to the Las Charas railway station, inaugurated in 1900. The municipality of Tres Lomas was established on 11 December 1986, seceding from Guaminí.
Ivan Sache, 22 Jan 2014
The flag of Tres Lomas is horizontally divided sky blue-green by a thin wavy white line forming three hills ("tres lomas"). A thin white contour map of the municipality is superimposed onto the flag. In the middle of the flag is placed a stylized white rising sun with 12 yellow / brown rays.
Ivan Sache, 2 Jan 2014
Anything below this line was not added by the editor of this page.