Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | cruz machado |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Cruz Machado (18,741 inhabitants in 2020; 147,835 ha) is
located 300 km west of Curitiba.
Cruz Machado was established on 19 December 1910 as Cruz Machado Federal Colonial Nucleus, named for Senator Antônio Cāndido da Cruz Machado (1820-1905; in office, 1874-1889), one of the pushers of the political emancipation of Paraná.
The district of Cruz Machado was established within the municipality of União da Vitória by State Law No. 1,735 promulgated on 22 February 1918, to be elevated a municipality by State Law No. 790 promulgated on 14 November 1951.
The flag of Cruz Machado is green, divided by a broad diagonal stripe running from the upper hoist to the lower fly, charged in the center with the municipal coat of arms slanted to the flag's upper right corner.
The coat of arms of Cruz Machado was adopted on 16 June 1992.
The mural crown surrounded by two snakes is the universal symbol of the domains' coats of arms and of protection.
The chapel symbolizes faith, culture and tourism in Cruz Machado.
The maize cob represents maize cropping in the municipality, grain having been for long produced profusely in Cruz Machado.
The Brazilian pine recalls the rainforest that was progressively cleared for the growth of the town and hardwood production.
The pig represents the plentiful animal breeding.
The bee is a symbol of laborious and productive people and big honey production in Cruz Machado.
Ivan Sache, 1 February 2022