Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | são joão do triunfo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of São João do Triunfo (14,996 inhabitants in 2018; 72,0401 ha)
is located 100 km south-west of Curitiba. The municipality is composed of the
districts of São João do Triunfo (seat) and Palmira.
São João do Triunfo was established in 1864, as Rio Vargem, by João Nunes de Souza, an inhabitant of São José dos Pinhais fond of hunting. He was joined in 1867 by Antonio Dotes.
The parish of São João do Triunfo was established by Provincial Law No. 254 promulgated on 16 March 1871, to be elevated a municipality by State Law No. 13 promulgated on 8 January 1890, separating from Palmeira. The new municipality, one of the oldest ones established during the Old Republic, was inaugurated on 15 February 1890. Established in the early 20th century by Polish immigrants, Palmira was established as a municipality by State Law No. 874 promulgated on 10 April 1909, and subsequently downgraded to a district depending of São João do Triunfo.
The flag of São João do Triunfo is white with the municipal coat of arms and the name of the municipality written below in black capital letters
The flag us also used with the writing in a different font.
image by Ivan Sache, 10 February 2022
Yet another version of the flag has a slightly different rendition of the coat of arms and the writing in green letters
Ivan Sache, 10 February 2022