Last modified: 2012-04-07 by ian macdonald
Keywords: rio grande do sul | machadinho |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger,
A green flag with a white triangle extending about three-quarters cross the flag from the hoist, with a red arrow and the municipal arms inside the white triangle.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 25 February 2012
The municipality of Machadinho (5,515 inhabitants in 2010; 334 sq. km) is located in northeastern Rio Grande do Sul, on the border with Santa Catarina, 430 km of Porto Alegre. Machadinho was settled in 1901 by colonists led by Manoel Machado de Campos; nicknamed "Machadinho" (Little Machado) because of his little size, Manoel Machado is the namesake of the municipality. The municipality of Machadinho was established by State Law No. 3,716 of 16 February 1959, seceding from Lagoa Vermelha , and inaugurated on 28 May 1959.
The symbols of Machadinho are prescribed by Municipal Law No. 566,
adopted in 1983.
The flag is made of the red, green and white colors, representing
courage, valor, hope, simplicity and the fertile soil of Machadinho.
The coat of arms represents the history, the religious faith, the
resources and the economy of the municipality.
A (partial) photo of the flag, dated 19 September 2005, is shown on
Ivan Sache, 30 March 2012