Last modified: 2012-08-09 by rob raeside
Keywords: newmarket | ontario | bee hive | bees | maple leaf garland | crown |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
flag (reconstruction from text)
image by Rob Raeside, 16 October 2005
coat of arms
contributed by Garry M. Borgacci, 12 October 2005
Source: Newmarket website
There's no disc, but it looks almost as if it's a monocolour.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 16 October 2005
On January 1, 1858, Newmarket was officially incorporated as a Village. The Council immediately procured a corporate seal, which is very similar to the seal we use today.
Each bee represents one of the nine largest industries in the Town of Newmarket at that time. The nine bees represent three mills, two iron foundries, one chair maker and two cabinetmakers. Attached is a picture of our logo/crest.
The town flag is comprised of a royal background with this crest on it.
Garry M. Borgacci, 12 October 2005