Last modified: 2017-05-12 by rob raeside
Keywords: ontario | russell |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image located by Valentin Poposki
The flag of Russell, Ontario, can be seen at
"The Village of Russell is part of the Township of Russell which in turn is located in the United Counties of Prescott and Russell which covers part of Eastern Ontario, Canada. It is located immediately east of Ottawa, the city limits of which are just over 2 km west from Russell but its downtown core is about 40 kilometers (25 mi) northwest of Russell."
Aleksandar Nemet, 26 June 2010
The flag and arms of Russell were inscribed on 30 September 1998 on the
Public Register of Arms, Flags and Badges, Vol. II, p. 46. The announcement of
the Letters Patent was made on 27 October 1990, in Vol. 124, p. 3751 of the
Gules on a cross or a bar wavy azure bearing at the centre point a beaver passant argent between in the first quarter a waterwheel and in the fourth a scythe both or.
A mural coronet vert masoned argent charged with four ears of corn or issuant therefrom a bull's head or.
UNITAS · CONSTANTIA · VIRES. This Latin phrase means "Unity, constancy, strength".
A banner of the arms.
Creator(s): Original concept of Robert D. Watt, Chief Herald of Canada, assisted by the heralds of the Canadian Heraldic Authority
Painter: Joan Ouellette
Calligrapher: John Whitehead
http://reg.gg.ca/heraldry/pub-reg/project.asp?lang=e&ProjectID=1450 - Public Register of Arms, Flags and Badges
Ivan Sache, 15 April 2017