Last modified: 2014-05-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: cauca | puerto tejada | tejada |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman, 10 August 2008
The municipality of Puerto Tejada is in Cauca Department.It
was founded on 17 September 1897.
The flag of Puerto Tejada is horizontally divided red-white-green and charged with the municipal arms at its center.
Source: Municipal website.
Dov Gutterman and Felipe Carillo, 10 August 2008
No details are provided either on the flag or the coat of
arms. The shield has a red-white-green border. The scroll on the
upper right part of the shields bears, in black characters, the
date "17 de Septiembre 1897", the official date of the
foundation of the settlement by General Manuel Tejada Sānchez,
who gave his name to the village.
Originally a "corregimiento" of Caloto, Puerto Tejada became a municipality in 1912. The white scroll below the shield bears the name of the municipality, in black letters. "Departemento del Cauca" is written, in black letters, below the scroll.
Ivan Sache, 26 August 2008
image from Municipal website