Last modified: 2021-08-26 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: cauca | santa rosa |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Santa Rosa is in Cauca Department.It was
founded on 26 June 1593.
The flag of Santa Rosa is horizontally divided yellow-green with black triangle at the hoist. The flag is charged with a red rose at its center. There is a very poor image at the municipal website.
Source: Municipal website.
Dov Gutterman and Felipe Carillo, 10 August 2008
Translated from municipal
"The flag is made of three colours and a red rose.
Yellow represents the municipality resources and biodiversity.
Green represents the forest, which protects and feeds the villagers.
Black represents oil from the subsoil."
There is a photograph of the flag at the municipal website, taken during the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the town. The three standard bearers bear, from left to right, the municipal flag (unfortunately with the coat of arms concealed), the Colombian national flag, and the flag of an educational institute (?), dark green with an emblem in the middle.
Ivan Sache, 26 August 2008