Last modified: 2014-05-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: magdalena | pueblo viejo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman, 4 August 2008
Pueblo Viejo is a municipality in Magdalena department. It was
founded in 1526 by friar Tomas Ortíz. It became a municipality
on 3 May 3 1929. The town lies on a natural thin division between
the Ciénaga Grande de Santa Marta marshes and the Caribbean sea.
The flag of Pueblo Viejo is blue with diagonal (upper hoist to lower fly) yellow stripe.
Source: municipal web site.
Dov Gutterman and Felipe Carillo, 4 August 2008
Translated from municipal
"The flag is made of two big masses of water, the Carribean Sea and the marshes, separated by a yellow stripe representing the resources of this land."
Ivan Sache, 12 August 2008
image from municipal web site