This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Colombia - Education Institutes Flags (E) - Part 2

Last modified: 2018-11-26 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See Also:


El Campito, Institución Educativa Distrital

image by Ivan Sache, 12 October 2018

IED El Campito (INEDEC) was originally established by ICCE in March 1974 in borough El Campito, Baranquilla (Atlantico Department), as Escuela No. 30 Mixta, to be renamed in 1994 to Centro de Educación Básica No. 83.

The flag of INEDEC is diagonally divided ber bend white-ocher, with the school's emblem in the center.
White represents the values of understanding that allows living together, such as peace, tolerance, humility, obedience, control, order, kindness, respect, gratitude, justice, solidarity, among others.
Ocher yellow represents the human resources:
- intellectual resources, an array of acquired knowledge that allow not only to progress in work and study but also to better perceive the surrounding world, accepting that everyone thinks differently.
- effective resources, as the possibility to love and to be loved, thus improving our lives with family, friends and at school.
- moral resources, which allow to gain autonomy on several matters, commitment and dignity, speaking with frankness and sincerity to other people.
http://iedelcampito.edu.co/simbolos/
INEDEC website
Ivan Sache, 12 October 2018


El Carmelo, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 29 June 2014

Colegio El Carmelo is located in Bogotá.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-coffee brown. White is a symbol of purity. Coffee brown is a symbol of austerity, and also the colour of the  Carmelite cloak.
Source: http://www.colegioelcarmelo.edu.co/quienes-somos/nuestro-colegio/escudo-simbolo-himno - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 29 June 2014


El Castillo, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 6 March 2017

Institución Educativa El Castillo is located in Barrancabermeja, Santander Department.

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-green-black.
http://www.castillo.edu.co/index.php/institucional/simbolos - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 6 March 2017


El Cusiana, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 01 September 2017

Institución Educativa El Cusiana is located in Tauramena (Casanare). The institute is made of the principal seat, located in El Cusiana, and of another four seats located in La Iquía, San Carlos, Los Yaguaros and La Primavera.
The flag of I.E. El Cusiana is horizontally divided yellow-green with a white triangle placed along the hoist and ending at the fly's midpoint.
Source: Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 01 September 2017


El Diamante, Educativa Institución

image by Ivan Sache, 20 August 2017

Institución Educativa El Diamante was established in 1952 in Pamplonita, Norte de Santander.

The flag of I.E. El Diamante is horizontally divided light blue-dark green. The blue stripe is charged with a yellow rising sun and there is a white human silhouette in the center of the flag.
The flag was designed by the director of the institute, Carlos Julio Peñaloza García, based on several proposals submitted by teachers and students of the institute.

The flag is prescribed in size 1.40 m x 1.80 m (proportions 7:9). The arrangement of the stripes represents the geographical context of  the institute. Blue represents the infinite horizon, while green represents the land and the natural environment. The length of the sun is 1/3 of the flag's length. The sun is a symbol of the light that irradiates knowledge and enlightens the life of every member of the educational community. The silhouette represents the students, the teachers and the parents, who constitute the community. White is a symbol of faith, loyalty and aspiration to peace.
http://institucioneducativadiamante.weebly.com/siacutembolos-institucionales.html
- Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 20 August 2017


El Divino Niño, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 08 November 2014

Colegio El Divino Niño was established in 1960 in Santa Marta (Magdalena Department) by Berta Riascos de Delvalle.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-white-blue. Yellow is a symbol of intellectual resources and of knowledge. White is a symbol of the student's spiritual values. Blue is a symbol of the academic, religious, cultural, artistic, and sporting spirit of the students.
Source: http://colegiodivinonino.edu.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=145&Itemid=654
Ivan Sache, 08 November 2014


Elisua, Colegio Campestre

image by Ivan Sache, 30 September 2018

Colegio Campestre Elisua is located in Villavicencio (Meta Department).

The flag of Colegio Campestre Elisua is shown in Article 103 of the school's Manual de Convivencia. Blue represents the universe, water and life. Red represents joy, dynamism, enthusiasm experienced by every member of the institute. White represents peace and harmony present in the heart of every member of the institute.

The coat of arms of Colegio Campestre Elisua is shown in Article 118 of the Manual de Convivencia. The circles that form the coat of arms represent protection offered to the children, as part of their education to life. Red, placed between the circles, represents joy, dynamism, enthusiasm experienced by every member of the educational community. White represents peace, tranquility, harmony in the work transmitted to the whole educational community. The pencil, the ruler and the book represent the academic education acquired in the institute. The landscape proper to our region represents love of God, of the homeland, of the family and of the environment.
http://colegiocampestreelisua.edu.co/data/documents/MANUAL-DE-CONVIVENCIA-CCE.pdf
Manual de Convivencia
Ivan Sache, 30 September 2018


El Jardín de Risaralda, Escuela Normal Superior

image by Ivan Sache, 17 October 2014

Escuela Normal Superior El Jardín de Risaralda is located in El Jardín borough, part of the municipality of Pereira (Risaralda Department).
The flag of the institute is prescribed in the institute's Etiquette Guidebook as horizontally divided yellow-white-green. Yellow is a symbol of resources and capacity in institutional growth through pedagogy, humanities, and science. Yellow represents the light that guides the path of the new teachers appointed by Colombia for the education of its children. White is a symbol of the clarity of philosophical, pedagogic, and scientific thinking. Green is a symbol of hope. The green stripe is the sum of the yellow and white stripes, as a symbol of integration of the children and the teachers.
Source: http://normalsuperiorisaralda.edu.co/contenido-manual-de-convivencia-27.html
Ivan Sache, 17 October 2014


El Jazmín, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 16 January 2009

"Colegio El Jazmín" is located in Bogotá, in the borough of Puente Aranda, named after a bridge built in the 16th century on a marshy plot near river Chinua, then owned by Juan de Aranda.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is white with a green border.
Ivan Sache, 16 January 2009


El Mamón, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 08 September 2014

Institución Educativa El Mamón is located in the village of El Mamón, part of the municipality of Corazol (Sucre Department).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-white-red.
Source: http://www.ieelmamon.corozal-sucre.gov.co/es/inicio - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 08 September 2014


El Minuto de Buenos Aires, Colegio

"Colegio El Minuto de Buenos Aires" is located at Bogotá.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided white-light blue with six yellow stars placed in an ascending diagonal pattern, with increasing size from bottom to top.
Ivan Sache, 27 January 2009


El Minuto de Dios, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 10 March 2017

Colegio El Minuto de Dios originates in a school established in 1958 in the El Minuto de Dios borough, Bogotá. Father Rafael García Herreros Unda (1909-1992) founded there the Corporación Educativa Minuto de Dios, which manages 24 educational institutes all over Colombia.

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-blue with the emblem of Corporación Educativa Minuto de Dios in the center. The emblem is made of blue rectangle charged wit the golden yellow letters "MD" and a white cross.
http://www.colegiosminutodedios.edu.co/el-minuto-de-dios/index.php/quienes-somos/nosotros/simbolos - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 10 March 2017

They also have a University, called "Corporación Universitaria Minuto de Dios" (shortened "UniMinuto") (official website: http://www.uniminuto.edu) (additional information here: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporaci%C3%B3n_Universitaria_Minuto_de_Dios)

The name derives from a tv spot called "El Minuto de Dios" (God's Minute) sponsored by the Corporación Minuto de Dios (official website: https://www.minutodedios.org) (an NGO of Catholic origin), which airs on weekdays, before the 7 p.m. local news broadcast on both private channels (channel 7 and channel 9).
Esteban Rivera, 10 March 2017


El Minuto de Dios Siglo XXI, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 10 March 2017

Colegio El Minuto de Dios Siglo XXI originates in Colegio El Minuto de Dios Calendario B, established in 1984 in, Bogotá by Luis Carlos Mendoza. Corporación Educativa Minuto de Dios, founded in 1958 by Father Rafael García Herreros Unda (1909-1992), manages 24 educational institutes all over Colombia.
http://www.colegiosminutodedios.edu.co/sigloxxi/index.php - Institute's website

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided gray-white-dark red with the institute's emblem in the center. The emblem is made of a dark red disk charged with the golden yellow letters "MD" and the white cross featured on the emblem of Corporación Educativa Minuto de Dios
http://www.colegiosminutodedios.edu.co/sigloxxi/index.php/es/quienes-somos/nosotros/simbolos - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 10 March 2017


El Poblado, Liceo Bilingüe

image by Ivan Sache, 11 October 2018

Liceo Bilingüe El Poblado is located in Pereira (Risaralde Department).

The flag of Liceo Bilingüe El Poblado is horizontally divided red-white-blue with the school's coat of arms in the center.
http://lbelpoblado.com/manual_de_convivencia.php
Manual de Convivencia
Ivan Sache, 11 October 2018


El Porvenir, Colegio

"Colegio El Porvenir" is located in Bogotá.
The flag of the institute, as shown on a photo available on the website of the institute displayed between the flags of Colombia and Bogotá (with a small coat of arms), is horizontally divided white- green with a triangle horizontally divided yellow-red (recalling the flag of Bogotá) placed along the hoist and the emblem of the institute in the middle. The emblems seem to have the same size on the three flags.
The emblem of the institute is a red disk with a yellow border, filled with the stylized letters IED / EP. "IED" stands for "Institución Educativa Distrital", the official name of all the institutes of that kind located in the Federal District of Bogotá. However, most of them seem to prefer the old, simpler "Colegio" name, for common use.
Ivan Sache, 15 December 2009


El Recreo, Liceo Pedagógico

image by Ivan Sache, 04 August 2014

Liceo Pedagógico El Recreo is located in Bosa (Bogotá).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided gray-white. Gray is a symbol of independence, self-sufficiency, and self-control. White is a symbol of light, surpassing, and knowledge.
Source: http://liceopedagogico.wix.com/elrecreo#!bandera/cxht - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 04 August 2014


El Rosario, Colegio (Barrancabermeja)

image by Ivan Sache, 21 September 2018

Colegio El Rosario was established in 1952 in Barrancabermeja, as Intercol Staff School, for the children of the staff of Empresa Colombiana de Petróleos (Ecopetrol). The national oil company, Ecopetrol, was established in 1951, succeeding the Tropical Oil Company, which had initiated oil extraction in Colombia in 1921. The college originally had two sections, one for the Colombians and one for the foreigners.
The school was renamed to Colegio El Rosario in 1962; the plot offered by Máximo Gómez to build the college belonged to the El Rosario estate, placed under the protection of the Virgin of the Rosary. The school was managed by Universidad Industrial de Santander, in partnership with Ecopetrol, from 1995 to 2000, and by the university alone, until 2001, when ceded to Asociación para la Enseñanza (ASPAEN).
http://aspaencolegioelrosario.edu.co/

The flag of Colegio El Rosario is white with the school's emblem in the center. White is a symbol of purity and peace.

The coat of arms is of Spanish shape, as a tribute to Spain and to the coat of arms of Colombia.
The first quarter, or, represents nobleness, magnanimity, wealth, light, constancy and wisdom.
The second quarter, white, represents purity, integrity, obedience, firmness, vigilance, eloquence and triumph.
The third quarter, black, heraldically neutral, represents the oil resources, a source of income and growth for Barrancabermeja.
The fourth quarter, red, represents life, joy, dynamism, strength and energy.
The shield is horizontally divided by wavy stripes, red and white in the left part, black and yellow in the right part.
The shield is surmounted by a yellow scroll inscribed with the school's name in black letters.

http://aspaencolegioelrosario.edu.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=64
Ivan Sache, 21 September 2018


El Rosario, Colegio (San Gil)

image by Ivan Sache, 24 July 2014

Colegio El Rosario was established in San Gil (Santander Department) by the Congregation of the Dominican Daughters of Our Lady of Nazareth. The congregation, founded by the Colombian nun María Sara del Santísimo Sacramento (1902-1980), was recognized locally on 30 March 1964, affiliated to the Order of St. Dominic on 15 April 1964, and approved by the Holy See on 2 February 1975.

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-blue. The union of the two colours is a symbol of the Eucharistic-Marian spirituality. White is a symbol of purity and cleanness of the spiritual life fed by the Eucharist, the Verb and the Christian Way of Life. Blue is a symbol of Mary.
http://www.colegioelrosario.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=15:simbolos-institucionales&Itemid=133 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 24 July 2014


El Salvador, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 20 August 2017

Institución Educativa El Salvador was established on 22 November 2002 in borough San Salvador (center-eastern Medellín) by Departmental Resolution No. 16,377, as the merger of Escuela Especial El Salvador (est. on 8 February 1966 by Agreement No. 6) and Escuela José de San Martín (est. in 1959 by Resolution No. 21).

The flag of I.E. El Salvador is horizontally divided white-dark blue.
White is a symbol of peace, harmony and tolerance, which are the values promoted by the institution.
Dark blue is a symbol of force, integrity, enthusiasm and will, which are required to reach objectives.
http://master2000.net/recursos/menu/89/811/mper_arch_28237_V1-D01%20ACTUALIZADO%20PEI%2020151.pdf - Proyecto Educativo Institucional, 2015
http://www.elsalvador.edu.co - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 20 August 2017


Elvia Vizcaíno de Todaro, Institución Educativa Departamental

image by Ivan Sache, 17 June 2018

Institución Educativa Departamental Elvia Vizcaíno de Todaro (INDEVIT) is located in Aracataca (Magdalena).
The flag of INDEVIT is prescribed in Article 9 of the Manual de Convivencia, as follows:
The flag shall be composed of two horizontal stripes of equal height, white in the upper part and green in the lower part.
White is a symbol of peace as the fruit of confraternity and pacific living together, and also of the innocence and the mind purity of the institute's children.
Green is a symbol of he richness of the flora and crops in our region, and also of hope to have the institute's students converted into exemplary citizens.
Source: Manual de Convivencia
Ivan Sache, 17 June 2018


El Zaque, Escuela Rural

image by Ivan Sache, 03 November 2014

Escuela Rural El Zaque was established on 4 May 1992 in the village of El Zaque, part of the municipality of Pasca (Cundinamarca Department). The school is affiliated with Escuela Normal Superior Nuestra Senora de Incarnación, also located in Pasca.
The symbols of the school, adopted on 4 May 2007, were designed by Jesús Sánchez, from the Alto del Molino hamlet, who won the contest organized among the parents.
The flag of the school is horizontally divided white-green with the school's emblem in the middle. White is a symbol of purity, innocence, and peace. Green is a symbol of the village's emblematic mountain and of the aspirations of the farmers.
The emblem of the school is divided green-white according to the ascending diagonal. The left part features the sun rising above Mount El Zaque, and, beneath, a hut recalling the early inhabitants of the place. The right part is charged with the name of the village.
Source: http://normaldepasca.edu.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Historia_Escuela_el_Zaque2008.pdf - History of Escuela El Zaque
Ivan Sache, 03 November 2014