Last modified: 2018-11-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 18 November 2014
Institución Educativa Técnica Comercial Francisco Cartusciello, located in
Sabanagrande (Atlántico Department) is made of the four seats Francisco
Cartusciello (No. 1, 1,483 students), Policarpa Salavarrieta (No. 2, 740
students), María Auxiliadora (No. 3, 526 students), and Santa Rita (No. 4, 400
students). Colegio de Bachillerato Técnico Comercial de Sabanagrande was
originally established by Ordinance No. 35 of 6 December 1970; classes started
on 6 February 1971. Institución Educativa Técnica Comercial Francisco
Cartusciello was established by Resolution No. 3,832 of 24 November 2003.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green with a thin horizontal blue stripe in the middle.
Source: http://instecfranciscocartusciello.blogspot.fr/ - Institute's blog
Ivan Sache, 18 November 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 17 July 2014
Colegio Francisco de Paula Santander originates in a rural school established
in 1938 by the municipality of Bosa (Bogotá). The institute is named for the
hero of the Colombian independence Francisco José de Paula Santander y Ornaņa
(1792-1840), Vice-President of the Republic of Colombia (1821-1827) and
President of the Republic of the New Granada (1832-1837).
The flag of the institute was adopted in March 2003 by the Board of Directors among the proposals submitted in a contest. The flag has in the upper left corner a yellow sun meaning that the light of knowledge enlightens us and transcends our lives. Two red lines issuant from the sun delimit three stripes. Red is a symbol of joy, friendship and love. The upper stripe is gray, a symbol of knowledge. The middle stripe is white. The lower stripe is blue, a symbol of faith, virtue, and spirit of fighting and surpassing. The letters "FPS" are placed in the lower fly, meaning "Francisco de Paula Santander" and "Formación" (Education) with "Proyección Social" (Social Projection).
http://fps04.weebly.com/siacutembolos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 17 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 24 October 2014
Escuela Normal Francisco de Paula Santander is located in Málaga (Santander
The institute is named for the hero of the Colombian independence Francisco José de Paula Santander y Ornaña (1792-1840), Vice-President of the Republic of Colombia (1821-1827) and President of the Republic of the New Granada (1832-1837).
The flag of the institute is presented as horizontally divided blue-white-green with a row of nine yellow stars in the blue stripe and the institute's emblem in the middle.
The flag in actual use, however, is, simply, horizontally divided blue-white-green.
Ivan Sache, 24 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 27 September 2014
Institución Educativa Francisco de Paula Santander is located in Ventaquemada
(Boyacá Department). The institute is named for the hero of the Colombian
independence Francisco José de Paula Santander y Ornaña (1792-1840),
Vice-President of the Republic of Colombia (1821-1827) and President of the
Republic of the New Granada (1832-1837).
The flag of the institute was designed by Ricardo Duarte Ruíz, winner of the competition organized in 1988 for the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the institute. The flag is horizontally divided red-white-green, seemingly within a white frame.
Source: http://www.fpsventaquemada.edu.co/page.php?subpage=10 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 27 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
Universidad Francisco de Paula Santander - 5:9 (apparently)
flag, horizontally divided white-black-orange-light green
(12:1:1:1). The name of the University, in black, is placed in
the white stripe, above the logo of the University.
Flag shown on <www.ufps.edu.co>, located by Dov Gutterman, which says (in Spanish): 'There is obviously an historical gap: we don't know according to which process the flag which currently flies in the Benefactors' Park was adopted as the official flag of the University.'
Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
"Universidad Francisco de Paula Santander" was
founded on 5 July 1962 and recognized by the Government of the
Department of Norte de Santander on 13 May 1970 (Decree No. 323).
The university has its main seat in Cúcuta, with a secondary
seat in Ocaña and regional centers of open education in the
municipalities of Cundinamarca, Santander, Cesar, Sucre,
Bolívar, Magdalena, Arauca San Andrés and Providencia.
Ivan Sache, 30 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 22 June 2014
Institución Educativa Francisco Hurtado was established in Venadillo (Tolima
Department) by Departmental Ordinance No. 12 of 28 November 1960, as Colegio
Departamental de Bachillerato Francisco Hurtado. The institute was named for the
educationalist Francisco Hurtado, who mostly worked in North Tolima, Venadillo
included. It was merged with Colegio Comercial Camila Molano by Decree No. 235
of 8 May 1969 to form Colegio Departamental Integrado Francisco Hurtado. Escuela
Urbana Mixta Helena Torres de Uribe was incorporated to the institute by
Resolution No. 762 of 26 July 2002. The rural schools of Vile, La Cubana and
Liborio Mejía were incorporated to the institute by Resolution No. 1,029 of 12
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided gray-white-red.
Source: http://www.iefranciscohurtado.com/pag/index.php/simbolos - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 22 June 2014