Last modified: 2019-05-20 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 10 November 2010
Colegio Vicente Azuero, based in Floridablanca (Department of Santander), was
created on 12 February 1979 by Decree No. 012. By Decree No. 12461 of 28 October
2002, Instituto Juan Pablo I, Instituto Andres Bello and Instituto Rio Frio were
incorporated to Colegio Vicente Azuero, which was renamed Colegio Técnico
Vicente Azuero. The institute is named for the Colombian lawyer, politician and
journalist Vicente Azuero Plata (1787-1844).
The flag of Colegio Técnico Vicente Azuero is blue with a white triangle placed along the hoist and charged with the emblem of the institute.
The emblem of Colegio Técnico Vicente Azuero is made of a shield with a white triangle pointing upwards flanked by two blue triangles pointing downwards, charged with the white writing "VICENTE" (left) and "AZUERO" (right). The white triangle is charged with a silhouette seemingly wearing a toga, standing on a yellow book or stand, and the black writing "FLORIDABLANCA". The shield is surmounted by a white scroll charged with the black writing "COLEGIO TECNICO". Another white scroll placed below the shield is charged with the black writing "SABIDURIA" (left, "Knowledge") / "LIBERTAD" (right, "Liberty").
Ivan Sache, 10 November 2010
Blue is a symbol of depth, greatness and immensity. White is a symbol of
spirit, of immaculate soul and pure thoughts.
The emblem has a traditional, heraldic shape, but also a modern shape meaning struggle and honour. It features a person raising the right arm, as a symbol of high and noble ideals, which are obtained through knowledge and science, represented by the book.
A photo of the flag is available on the institute's website - http://www.colvicenteazuero.com/eventos/galeria/533_941.jpg
Ivan Sache, 10 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 29 September 2014
Institución Educativa Victor Zubiría was established in 1974 in Colosó (Sucre
Department) by the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians, a
congregation founded by St. Maria Bernarda Bütler (1848-1924; canonized on 12
October 2008 by Pope Benedict XVI). The institute is named for the local
educationalist Víctor Manuel de Zubiría Rossi (1873-1958).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-white-blue (1:2:1).
Green is a symbol of hope, natural environment, and fields. White is a symbol of poverty, peace, and personal force. Blue is a symbol of transparency, space, liberty, and rivers.
Source: http://inevizu.galeon.com/ - Institute's blog
Ivan Sache, 29 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 05 September 2017
Liceo Victoria Regia was established in 2003 in Mocao (Putumayo) by Olga Daza
Díaz and Nubia Daza Díaz. The name of the institute was coined by William Daza
Díaz, who maintains links with the sacred world of plants and spirits. The yagé
shamanic beverage (aka ayahuasca) inspired him the name of the biggest species
of water lily, native to the Amazon river. Originally named "Victoria regia"
in 1807 by John Lindley, the Queen Victoria's water lily is now known as "V.
amazonia" (Poepp.) J.C. Sowerby, based on an earlier description of the
Source: Institute's website
The flag of Liceo Victoria Regia is horizontally divided green-yellow. Green represents the power of the natural environment and its greatness. Yellow represents knowledge, health and tenderness.
Source: Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 05 September 2017
image by Ivan Sache, 15 September 2014
Institución Educativa Villa del Socorro is located in Medellín (Antioquia
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-white-green. Blue is a symbol of peace, peaceful social interaction, sincerity, and solidarity. White is a symbol of tranquility, calm, fraternity, solidarity, and peace. Green is a symbol of hope, natural environment, and harmony.
Source: http://ievilladelsocorro.jimdo.com/informacion-institucional/simbolos/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 15 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 29 January 2019
Institución Educativa Técnico Comercial Villa del Sur is located in Cali
(Valle del Cauca Department).
The flag of IETC Villa del Sur is vertically divided red-white-green with the school's coat of arms in the center.
Ivan Sache, 29 January 2019
image by Ivan Sache, 7 January 2009
"Colegio Eucarístico de Bogotá 'Villa Guadalupe'"
was founded on 20 January 1941 by nuns of the congregation of the
Mercederian Sisters of the Blessed Sacrement led by Mother María
de la Eucaristía Carmona. Founded on 20 March 1910 in Mexico
City by María del Refugio Aguilar Torres, Guadalupe Hernández
and María Olivares as "School of the Blessed
Sacrament", the congregation was canonically approved on 12
November 1922 by the archbishop of Mexico City as "Sisters
for the Blessed Sacrament Apostolate", and eventually
approved on 22 July 1948 by Papal "decretum laudis",
under its present name. The congregation has today 60 houses, 7
of them being located in Colombia.
The flag of the institute, as shown and described on the website of the institute, "to be used with elegance and pride during the community events", is horizontally divided white-dark red ("vino tinto", lit., "red wine").
White represents purity, reflecting an ideal of virtue and integrity, to be reached through rectitude, honesty and loyalty.
Dark red represents a deep meaning of Eucharist (as the wine shared by Jesus with the disciples during the Last supper) : sacrifice and love to get liberation through solidarity.
Ivan Sache, 7 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 23 October 2014
Escuela Normal Superior de Villahermosa (Tolima Department) was originally
established as Colegio del Rosario, renamed Colegio Oficial para Señoritas in
1935, and transformed into Escuela Normal Rural by Decree No. 962 of 21 December
1944. Escuela Normal Superior de Villahermosa was eventually established in
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green with the institute's emblem in the middle.
Ivan Sache, 23 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 4 August 2018
Institución Educativa Distrital Colegio Villas del Progreso was established
in 1993 in borough Villas del Progresso, Bosa, Bogotá.
The flag of the school is prescribed in Article 6 of the Manual de Convivencia, as follows.
The flag emphasizes sense of belonging and institutional responsibility. Its colors represent:
White: Considered as the color of peace, it is associated with kindness, purity, freshness and perfection. This indicates that children, as sources of purity and kindness, register with the school to increase and progress, in search of perfection (in all its meanings), or, at least, for improvement in all aspects. Children and teenagers represent freshness and vitality of their age class, and have the energy required to be educated in the school to obtain good or better results.
Red: Symbolizes value, willingness, vigor, joy and stability. This indicates that students are committed to transform their life through new experiments in the school environment, which impacts them in diverse manners: biologically, since during their stay at the school, they physically grow, entering as younger children and leaving as teenagers and/or adults; academically, since they acquire a range of knowledge, from writing to more complex areas, such as physic, calculation or philosophy; socially, since they live in an environment where they have to cope with unfamiliar people whom they have to learn to respect and accept, whatever their difference in customs; and, emotionally, since they change and improve through new relations established with all members of the educational community, forming new links (for instance, friendship), which requires all the described characteristics symbolized by the red color.
Blue: Represents confidence, wisdom, intelligence, conscience, knowledge and tranquility. This is associated with the expected benefits of the education and training process offered at Colegio Villas del Progresso, which is a calm environment where conscience can be potentialized, allowing a better compromise with individual learning and meetings to solve conflicts between the members of the educational community, in an intelligent manner and with wisdom, creating a confident environment for all.
The in-text image shows the flag as in proportions 1:2, white with two blue chevrons, the lower chevrons delimiting two triangles at the bottom of the flag, and the school's coat of arms, vertically centered and placed near the bottom of the flag.
The coat of arms is prescribed in Article 5 of the Manual, as follows:
The coat of arms represents the institutional seal.
Its colors represent:
Blue: Confidence, intelligence, the eternal sky, faith, and truth.
Yellow: Wealth, energy, light, joy, happiness, and loyalty.
White: Purity, perfection, freshness, and simplicity.
The coat of arms of Colegio Villas del Progresso IED represents the recognition of the human being as the axis of the institution, through personal, familial and social evolution. Study is seen as the base of knowledge and development. The human being is in infinite search for knowledge, in continuous movement and in harmony with other human beings, the natural environment, and the world. The development of knowledge means increase of the truth of the values, honesty, perseverance and justice.
The in-text image shows an oval coat of arms with a yellow border inscribed with "VILLAS DEL PROGRESO" (top) and "PERSEVERANCIA" (bottom). The white field is charged in base with a stylized open book surmounted by a yellow rising sun and, in chief, three stylized, blue human beings raising their arms.
Manual de Convivencia
Ivan Sache, 4 August 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 06 September 2017
Colegio Nacionalizado Femenino de Villavicencio was established in
Villavicienco (Meta) on 20 December 1955 by Decree No. 321.
Source: Institute's website
The flag of Colegio Nacionalizado Femenino de Villavicencio is horizontally divided gray-red with a white triangle placed along the hoist and the institute's coat of arms all over.
Gray is a symbol of sobriety.
Red is a symbol of vital strength.
White is a symbol of purity.
The coat of arms forms a laurel wreath, a symbol of the aspiration and achievements of the studying youth.
The central disk, gray and red like the flag, is a symbol of union and fraternity among educators, students and the community. The open book and the quill are symbols of science, apostolate and consecration.
Source: Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 06 September 2017
"Escuola Normal Superior de Villavicienco" was
created on 20 December 1955 by the National Intendance of Meta
(Decree No. 321) as "Escuela Normal Rural de Meta Santa
Teresita del Niño Jesus".
The flag of the institute, according to a photo shown on the presentation leaflet of the institute, is horizontally divided white- red with the emblem of the institute in the middle.
The emblem of the institute, a white disk with a grey outline and a thicker red border, shows two open hands surmonted by a torch "going through" an open book. The base of the torch is charged with three interlaced yellow, blue and red rings. The name of the institute is written in red capital letters in the upper part of the disk. The emblem shown on the flag shows minor difference with the emblem shown graphically on the leaflet.
Ivan Sache, 11 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 28 January 2019
Institución Educativa Técnica de Comercio Virginia Gómez was established
on 17 July 1943 in Ciénaga (Magdalena Department), as Escuela Complementaria.
IETC Virginia Gómez was established by
Resolution No. 1, issued on 1 March 2003; the school is named for Virginia Gómez, a noted teacher from Ciénaga.
The symbols of IETC Virginia Gómez are prescribed in Chapter III of the Manual de Convivencia. The flag is red for hope, white for purity and wine red for force and love. The flag is composed of three horizontal stripes, two green, placed in the upper and lower parts of the flag, and one white in the central part. Green represents the natural resources of the municipality, as well as the aspirations and dreams of the members of the educational community. White represents light that illuminates the minds of the young students, as well as purity and virtue emanating from the heart of every human being. The wine red stripes that border the center of the flag are a symbol of force, energy and love, characteristic of the teachers. In the center of the white stripe is placed the coat of arms as the institutional symbol.
The coat of arms of IETC Virginia Gómez features in the upper part a scroll inscribed with the institutional name of the school. The shield is charged with a burning lamp, placed on a book, the whole symbolizing the light of knowledge. The lamp and book are surrounded by the symbol of the wealth of Ciénaga [coffee branches]. In the upper part is placed the base of our pedagogy, which is dedicated to integral education of the students.
http://ietcvirginiagomez.edu.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/M.-Convivencia-actualizado-2-2018.pdf, Manual de Convivencia
Ivan Sache, 28 January 2019
image by Ivan Sache, 7 November 2004
The Instituto Virrey Solis was founded in Bucaramanga on 3
February 1941 by members of the Franciscan Community. Its goal
was to provide poor children with a religious, moral and material
education. The first director of the Instituto was Friar Emilio
Bautista Lozano (1941-1944). The flag of the Colegio is
horizontally divided yellow-red with the coat of arms of the
Colegio in the middle. Yellow and green are the colours of the
municipal flag of Bucaramanga. Yellow stands for the treasures of
knowledge, science, feelings and values. Green stands for the
hope that the youth educated in the Colegio will build a new
society mainly based on justice and peace; green also stands for
the love of nature, the legacy of the patron saints of the
ecologists, St. Francis of Assise. The crown above the shield
stands for the man who gave his name to the Collegio, the Virrey
Solis (the Sun Vice-Roy?), and symbolizes leadership. The collar
surrounding the shied has three knots symbolizing the three vows
of obedience, poverty and chastity done by the members of the
community that rules the Colegio. Over a background with the
colours of our flag (yellow and green), the cross symbolizes the
Christian denomiunation of the Colegio. An arm holding a torch
appears from the bottom of the shield, expression learning,
knowledge and enlightenment. The scroll below the shield bears the
Colegio's motto Virtud y Ciencia (Virtue and Science),
which are the basis of the education in the Colegio. The anthem
of the Colegio has its third stanza dedicated to the flag of the
Collegio: "Como un campo de esmeralda que la aurora
en luz bano, verde y oro, sacro emblema nuestra ruta ilumino.
verde y oro! flota altivo Nuestro fúlgido pendón: Esperanza y
luz del cielo que ilumina el corazón!" (Like a field
of emeralds Bathed in the light of dawn, Green and gold, sacred
emblem illuminate our way Green and gold! May our ? banner flay:
Hope and light of the sky Which illuminate the heart!).
Ivan Sache, 7 November 2004
image by Ivan Sache, 21 March 2019
Gimnaso Vizcaya was established in Tunja (Boyacá Department) by Municipal
Resolution No. 1,1318, adopted on 26 September 2002, as Colegio Integral
Personalizado. The school's founder and director, Alonso Moreno, also
established Gimnasio Santander in the town. The school was renamed to Gimnasio
Vizcaya in 2011, as a reference to the prosperous Spanish region of Biscay;
moreover, the Basque etymology of the name of the region alludes to a mountain
top, representing here academic excellence.
The flag of Gimnasio Vizcaya is quartered, 1. White with the school's coat of arms, 2. Blue with the school's name, as written on the coat of arms, 3. Red, 4. Vertically divided white-blue-white-red-white-blue-white-red.
The shield of Gimnasio Vizcaya is bordered in blue and quartered by a blue cross inscribed "Gimnasio Vizcaya" in white letters on the horizontal arms, 1. and 4. Gules a letter "G" argent, 2. Per bend argent a letter π azure and azure a pen nib argent, 3. Gules three pallets azure.
Blue is a symbol of the greatness of space, the color of water, of the sky, of the Earth and also the color of life, growth, hope and future. Azure means constancy, authority and trust. Red is a symbol of the vitality and force of the children, and the color of confidence, courage and optimism. Letter π is a mathematical universal constant, representing the ratio between the circumference and the diameter of a circle and highlighting the importance of mathematics and its adequate teaching at the school. The pen nib represents the development of letters and arts, which is required to stimulate the children's creativity and development. The vertical stripes represent integration of girls and boys in the community.
https://www.gimnasiovizcaya.com/simbolos.html#simbolos, School website
Ivan Sache, 21 March 2019