Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2003)
- Jevišovka, Břeclav district, South Moravian region - adopted 18 Jun 2003.
Description: "Modry list se žlutým blatouchem se třemi květy v horním
A blue field with a yellow (...) with three flowers (...)
The first written reference to the place is from as late as 1353, when
the name of the owner of the village, Smil of Frélichov, is mentioned.
In 1395 the village was bought by the house of Lichtenstein, who owned
the farmyard of Drnholec. The village became dilapidated during the Czech-Hungarian
wars in the third quarter of 15th century and it was resettled within the
period of time between 1530 - 1531 by the Croats similarly as nearby Nový
Přerov and Dobré Pole. Since 1850 it has
belonged to the court and political district of Mikulov. Population: 560.
Information from this
Jarig Bakker, 26 Apr 2004