Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí Čr (2005)
- Třebechovice pod Orebem city, Hradec Králové okres, Hradec Králové region
- flag adopted 15 November 2005.
Flagdescription: yellow field; in center a brown raguly branch between
two piles of 3 blue balls; in center top an orange crown lined red.
Homepage: Coat of Arms: identical
to flag; the shield surmounted by three feathers, red, white, blue.
Info from this
website: "The town of Třebechovice pod Orebem was founded in the first
half of the 14th century on a trade route. Oreb Hill (260 metres), crowned
by a small church consecrated to the Corpus Christi, recalls the memorable
Hussite brotherhood. Třebechovice is renowned throughout the world for
its famous Museum of Nativity Scenes. Visitors will be attracted by the
Plague Column of the Virgin Mary, the statue of the Holy Trinity and an
ancient fountain with a water jet dating from 1675, all located on Třebechovice
Square. In 1767 the Baroque decanal St Andrew's Church was built close
to the square. Thanks to its surroundings, which are abundant in beautiful
forests and lovely corners of the River Orlice, the town became a popular
destination for holidaymakers. Not far from the town centre lies the municipal
swimming pool, with three pools with heated water, a helter-skelter and
grass-covered beaches. The pool grounds are open from May to September.
Jarig Bakker, 18 Jul 2008