Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1991-1994)
- Kyjov municipality, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - flag adopted
15 Jul 1991.
A centre of the northern part of Slovácko. First written reference
about Kyjov is from 1126 when the duke Václav from Olomouc gave Kyjov as
a present to the monastery Haradisko u Olomouce. In 1515 Kyjov became a
town, in 1548 it became a royal town. Kyjov has now 12 790 inhabitants.
Info from this website.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Oct 2001