Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1996)
- Ždánice, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 13 Feb 1996.
2 783 inhabitants. A town in the south part of the Ždánický les. Already
in the14th century a centre of the region of the Ždánický les and the Chřiby
forest ranges. A fortified stronghold was built in 1497 - 1544, in 1569
it was rebuilt by Oldřich of Kounice into a Renaissance castle, that is
now in private ownership. In the castle park - a villa of Laudon - Biedermeier
from the beginning of the century. Old town hall - the first reference
from 1565. Early Baroque church of the Assumption of the Virgin from 1700.
Traditional "emperor's" feast. Male choir in folk costumes, dulcimer group,amateur
theatre ensemble - IAS, workshop of black pottery.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Apr 2002
Ždánice Coat of Arms
by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 21 Apr 2002 after image from this