Image based on Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (1998)
- Kunvald, Ústí nad Orlicí district, Pardubice region - adopted 4 Jun 1998.
Kunvald village (450m) in Žamberk Downy, spread along Horský potok
(Mountain creek) north to Žamberk, first reported in 1363. In 1457 Brother
Gregor established there the first residence of the Brotherly Unity (a
sort of reformist church). House No.238 used to be a Czech Brothers Chapel,
nearby smithery already perished. The lime tree by Diviš farmstead is one
of the three trees embedded there in 1547 when the brotherly community
had to expatriate for the first time. It is now 47 m high with a 7 m perimeter.
A St. George church in the centre of a churchyard originates from 1606-1616.
Jarig Bakker, 23 Jan 2004