This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Dillingen an der Donau County until 1972 (Schwaben District, Bavaria, Germany)

Landkreis Dillingen an der Donau

Last modified: 2013-12-09 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis dillingen an der donau | dillingen an der donau county | coat of arms (bend: yellow) | coat of arms: per bend (lion: passant) | coat of arms: per bend (lion: yellow) | coat of arms: per bend (lozengy) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Dillingen an der Donau County until 1972 (Schwaben District, Bavaria, Germany)]
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 5th July 1956, flag adopted 10th April 1967, abolished 30th June 1972

See also:


Yellow-blue-yellow, adopted 10.04.1967. The county was enlarged during the 1972 municipal reform with the (previously independent) city of Dillingen and parts of Wertingen county. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.

Stefan Schwoon, 22 August 2001

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:

The old arms were granted on July 5, 1956. (...) The lion and the bend are taken from the arms of the former Counts of Dillingen, who used arms with a lion on both sides of the bar. The lower part shows the arms of the Wittelsbach family and symbolises that a large part of the district historically belonged to the Pfalz and later to Bavaria. The Wittelsbach family were Kings of Bavaria and Counts of the Pfalz (Palatinate).

Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.

Santiago Dotor, 30 July 2003