This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Forchheim County until 1972 (Oberfranken District, Bavaria, Germany)

Landkreis Forchheim

Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: landkreis forchheim | forchheim county | coat of arms: per pale (lion: rampant sinister) | coat of arms: per pale (lion: black) | coat of arms: per pale (crown: bridal) | coat of arms: per pale (cherries) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Forchheim County until 1972 (Oberfranken District, Bavaria, Germany)] 5:2
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 23rd July 1962, abolished 30th June 1972

See also:


Red-yellow, adopted 23.07.1962. Both arms and flag were changed after the 1972 municipal reform when the county was enlarged. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.

Stefan Schwoon, 9 August 2001

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:

The old arms were granted on July 23, 1962. The lion is the lion of Bamberg, the major part of the district belonged to the Bishops of Bamberg until 1803. The bishops had one of their fortresses in the district. The bridal crown is typical for the area, especially around the area of Reuth. The cherries symbolise the important cherry growing in the district, the major area of cherry growing in Germany.

Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.

Santiago Dotor, 11 July 2003