Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: landkreis vilsbiburg | vilsbiburg county | coat of arms: per fess (dragon: issuant) | coat of arms: per fess (dragon: red) | coat of arms: per fess (fess: white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 17th March 1960, abolished 30th June 1972
Red-white, adopted 17.03.1960. Incorporated into Landshut county during the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 31 July 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on March 17, 1960. The lower part shows the arms of the Counts of Hals, who ruled the County of Geisenhausen, now part of the [administrative] county. This County became part of Bavaria in 1390. The other part of the [administrative] county was ruled by the Counts of Kraiburg, whose arms are shown in the upper part of the arms. They were replaced by the Counts of Bavaria around 1250.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 1 July 2003