This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Niederschönenfeld Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Niederschönenfeld, Landkreis Donau-Ries, Bayern

Last modified: 2021-05-08 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: niederschoenenfeld | barry(6) | mermaid |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Niederschönenfeld municipal banner] 5:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 05 May 2021
See also:

Niederschönenfeld Municipality

Niederschönenfeld Banner

It is a yellow-blue-yellow vertical triband. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 05 May 2021

Niederschönenfeld Coat of Arms

Shield parted per pale, at dexter barry of six of Or and Azure, at sinister Azure a mermaid proper, with fish tail, coronet and hair Or, holding three grain ears Or by her hands.
The municipality was formed in 1978 by a merger of Niederschönenfeld proper and Feldheim. Both villages were ruled by the Counts of Lechsgemünd-Graisbach. Count Berthold III of Lechsgemünd-Graisbach founded the local Cistercian nunnery in 1241. Since the 15th century both villages belonged to the district (German: Hofmark) of that nunnery, until the nunnery was secularised in 1803. The crowned mermaid had been the personal coat of arms of Abbess Maria Euphemia Tagia, who restored the nunnery after the complete destruction during the 30-Years-War. The grain ears are representing the former Feldheim Municipality.
Source: Josef Walter König: Die Wappen der Kommunen im Landkreis Donau-Ries, Donauwörth 2001, pp.100-101
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 05 May 2021

Banner and arms were approved on 4 March 1982 by district governor (Regierungspräsident) of Schwaben.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 05 May 2021

back to Donau-Ries cities and municipalities click here