This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Oberaurach Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde ,Oberaurach Landkreis Haßberge, Bayern

Last modified: 2022-07-23 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: oberaurach | beech(leaf) | pall(embowed) | unicorn(head) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Oberaurach municipal banner] 5:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 July 2022
See also:

Oberaurach Municipality

Oberaurach Banner

It is a white-red-yellow vertical tricolour. The coat of arms is shifted towards the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 July 2022

Oberaurach Coat of Arms

Shield Argent, between two beech leaves Gules in bend and bend sinister an embowed pall Sable, charged with a unicorn´s head Or, base wavy Sable charged with a fish Argent.
Oberaurach was established in 1978 by a merger of Dankenfeld, Fatschenbrunn, Kirchaich, Neuschleichach, Oberschleichach, Tretzendorf, Trossenfurt and Unterschleichach. The new name was chosen, as five of the eight villages were located alongside the upper course of the little Aurach River. The head of the unicorn is a differentiation of the arms of the Steigerwald Canton of the Imperial Knights. Together with the leaves it is alluding to the location in the Steigerwald, a forest. The base wavy is a representation of the name giving river. The fish is alluding to local fish breeding. The tinctures silver and black are tjose of the Marshals of Ostheim, who acquired the Dankenfeld Estate in 1663. The tinctures black and gold are those of the Bishopric of Bamberg, red and white are those of the Bishopric of Würzburg. Both ruled parts of the current municipality.
Source: Klaus Reder: "Unterfränkisches Wappenbuch" , CD-ROM, Würzburg 1997
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 July 2022

Banner and arms were approved on 8 November 1979 by district governor (Regierungspräsident) of Unterfranken.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 July 2022

back to Haßberge cities and municipalities click here