This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Neuhardenberg Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Neuhardenberg, Landkreis Märkisch-Oderland, Brandenburg

Last modified: 2019-12-09 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: neuhardenberg(amt) | neuhardenberg | gusow-platkow | boar(head) | cross(maltese) | oak |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Neuhardenberg municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Dec 2019
flag of Neuhardenberg Municipality, seat of the subcounty See also:

Neuhardenberg Subcounty

Entities without proper Flags

The subcounty and its municipality Märkische Höhe have no proper flags.
Sources: this online catalogue and German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Dec 2019


Neuhardenberg Municipality

Neuhardenberg Flag

It is a red-yellow-red horizontal triband with ratio of stripes 1:2:1 and centred arms in the yellow stripe.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Dec 2019

Neuhardenberg Banner

[Neuhardenberg municipal banner] 5:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Dec 2019

It is a red-yellow-red vertical triband with ratio of stripes 1:2:1 and centred arms in the yellow stripe.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Dec 2019

Coat of Arms

Shield parted per fess, above parted per pale, at dexter Argent a boar's head Sable armed Argent and tongued Gules, at sinister Gules a Maltese cross Argent, beneath chequered of Sable and Or.
Meaning:
The village was first mentioned in 1348 as Quilitz. After the village had been destroyed in the 30-Years War (1618 - 1648) it was bought by Electoress Dorothea von Brandenburg-Schwedt in 1681. After the death of Margrave Karl Friedrich Albrecht of Brandenburg-Schwedt in 1762 the village became a dominion of the crown of Prussia and was donated to Joachim Bernhard of Prittwitz, a captain of the Ziethen Hussars. He sold the village to the crown in 1811. It was donated to Karl August von Hardenberg (1750-1822) in 1814. He renamed the village and it became then Neuhardenberg. The boars head is taken from the family arms of the Hardenberg kin. The Maltese cross refers to the fact that Margrave Karl Friedrich Albrecht of Brandenburg-Schwedt had been a Master of the Knights of the Bailiwick of Brandenburg (Ballei Brandenburg) of the Order of Saint John of the Hospital at Jerusalem between 1731 and 1762. The chequered field displays the arms of the Prittwitz kin.
Source: German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Dec 2019


Gusow-Platkow Municipality

Gusow-Platkow Flag


[Gusow-Platkow municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Dec 2019

It is a blue-yellow horizontal bicolour with centred arms.
Sources: 2(3) of Hauptsatzung of Gusow-Platkow, version 15 September 2016 and this online newspaper
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Dec 2019

Gusow-Platkow Coat of Arms

Shield Or with base Azure charged with a bar wavy Argent, an oak Sable with 13 leaves Vert and two acorns of the same, the trunk charged with a furrow Argent caused by a flash, flanked by a grain sheaf Sable Or at dexter and a tobacco plant Vert blossomed Gules at sinister.
Meaning:
The oak is probably referring to the Derfflinger Oak having a diameter of 7.90 metres.
Sources: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of Gusow-Platkow, version 15 September 2016 and German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Dec 2019


back to Märkisch-Oderland cities and municipalities click here