This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Gadebusch Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Gadebusch, Landkreis Nordwestmecklenburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Last modified: 2020-03-28 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: gadebusch(subcounty) | gadebusch | bull(head) | linden |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Gadebusch City flag] 3:5 image by Stefan Schwoon, 8 Nov 2011
flag of Gadebusch City, seat of the subcounty See also:

Gadebusch Subcounty

The subcounty has no proper symbols.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Mar 2020


Municipalities without proper Flags

The following municipalities have no proper flags: Dragun, Kneese, Krembz, Mühlen Eichsen, Roggendorf, Rögnitz and Veelböken.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Mar 2020


Gadebusch City

Gadebusch Flag

It is a green monocolour. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag. The width of the arms is 1/3 of total width, their height is 2/3 of total height.
Source: 1(5) of Hauptsatzung of the City of Gadebusch, version 20 October 2000
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Nov 2011

Gadebusch Coat of Arms

In a golden (=yellow) shield shifted to the dexter side, is a black bull's head caboshed,crowned golden (=golden), armed silver (= white) and tongued red. At his sinister side ia a green tree of linden type (German: lindenartig)
Meaning:
The bull's head is symbolising Mecklenburg. According to Stefan Schwoon the green colour of the sheet is the same like the colour of the bush/tree. the arms are base on the oldest city seal from the 13th century. The currrent pattern was first displayed in 1618 and an amendation was made in 1858.
Sources: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, pp.160-162 and 1(4) of Hauptsatzung of the City of Gadebusch, version 20 October 2000
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Nov 2011

The arms were granted on 10 April 1858 by Grand Duke Friedrich Franz II of Mecklenburg-Schwerin,The flag was approved on 11 August 1997 by Minister of Interior of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, both were published in the Municipal Roll of Arms Mecklenburg-Vorpommern as no.133.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Nov 2011


back to Nordwestmecklenburg cities and municipalities click here