This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Thalmässing Market Town (Germany)

Markt Thalmässing, Landkreis Roth, Bayern

Last modified: 2021-09-18 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: thalmaessing | demi-eagle | demi-tower | bar(wavy) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Thalmässing town banner] 5:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2021
See also:

Thalmässing Market Town

Thalmässing Banner

It is a white-red-yellow vertical tricolour with centred arms.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2021

Thalmässing Coat of Arms

Shield parted per pale; at dexter Argent a demi-eagle Gules, armed and tongued Or and couped per pale; at sinister Gules a half embattled tower Argent with basement on base Vert couped per pale, charged with a bar wavy Argent under two deciduous trees Or in fess.
The arms were first mentioned in the 18th century. The existence is proven since 1812. The arms were granted to council and court of law of Landeck in 1541 by Margrave Georg Friedrich of Ansbach. When the seat of the district (German: Amt) was transferred from Landeck castle to the market town of Thalmässing, the town adopted the arms of the district. The demi-eagle is a differentiation of the arms of the Zollern kin, rulers in the Margraviate of Ansbach. The tower is representing Landeck Castle.
Source: Stadler 1968, p.75
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2021

The banner was approved in 1985 by district governor (Regierungspräsident) of Mittelfranken . The arms were confirmed on 27 April 1965 by Minister of Interior of Bayern.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2021

back to Roth cities and municipalities click here