Last modified: 2015-09-04 by ivan sache
Keywords: villagarcía de arosa |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of the Maritime Province of Villagarcía de Arosa, left, as prescribed, roght, as used since 1923 - Images by José Carlos Alegría, 13 November 1999
The flag of the Maritime Province of Villagarcía de Arosa was originally prescribed as quartered white-red.
In 1923, the Register of Ships published the first colour chart with the flags of the Maritime Provinces. Villagarcía de Arosa showed red and yellow colours, instead of the official red and white. This was probably a printing error, as there is no Royal Decree changing the flag, but the fact is that the new colours started to be used and successive charts kept the new flag.
José Carlos Alegría, 13 November 1999
Flag of the Maritime Province of Pontevedra - Image by José Carlos Alegría, 28 October 1999
The Maritime Province of Pontevedra was was established in 1905 and reincorporated to the Maritime Province of Villagarcía de Arosa in 1933. Its flag was quartered white-blue per saltire.
José Carlos Alegría, 28 October 1999