Last modified: 2019-05-08 by ivan sache
Keywords: aube |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Aube - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 19 February 2019
Region: Grand Est (Champagne-Ardenne until 2014)
Traditional provinces: Champagne, Bourgogne
Bordering departments: Côte d'Or, Marne, Haute-Marne, Seine-et-Marne, Yonne
Area: 6,004 km2
Population (2016): 308,910 inhabitants
Sous-préfectures: Bar-sur-Aube, Nogent-sur-Seine
Subdivisions: 3 arrondissements, 17 cantons, 431 municipalities.
The department is named after river Aube (248 km), a tributary to the Seine.
Ivan Sache, 11 April 2019
The Departmental Council uses a white flag with its logo (photo).
The logo is a standard, as a symbol of the department's cohesion and unity.
The origin logo was designed in 1988 by Michel Rohmer, who also created the related logo of the town of Troyes.
The logo features the stylized "federative flag", composed of a staff and a standard made of three wavy pennants. This is a symbol of the cohesion of the two collectivities: the town of Troyes and the department of Aube.
In the 1990s, the logos of the department of Aube and of the town of
Troyes evolved. The writing was simplified and the size was decreased to
make use and memorization easier:
- the height of the staff, formed by the left part of letter "A" (or "T"), was reduced;
- the writings "département de" and "ville de" were suppressed, leaving only "Troyes" and "Aube Conseil g&ecute;néral", respectively;
- the logo "Aube en Champagne" was created by the Euro Rscg-Reims agency for the external, institutional communication of the department.
In 2015, the writing was changed to "Aube en Champagne / Le D&ecute;partement":
- to highlight the location of the department in Champagne, a world-famous "brand";
- to emphasize the strong anchorage of the department, a local collectiviety more than ever be required at the time of the "big regions".
Pantone CMYK Red 032c 0 100 80 0 Gray 425c 0 0 0 75
Olivier Touzeau & Ivan Sache, 21 February 2019
Flag of the former General Council of Aube - Image by Ivan Sache, 24 September 2009
The flag of the former General Council of Aube was white with the logo of the General Council.
Pascal Vagnat, 24 September 2009