Last modified: 2022-03-12 by ivan sache
Keywords: la chapelle-des-fougeretz |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of La Chapelle-des-Fougeretz - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 21 October 2021
The municipality of La Chapelle-des-Fougeretz (4,682 inhabitants in 2019; 871 ha) is located 10 km north of Rennes.
Olivier Touzeau, 21 October 2021
The flag of La Chapelle-des-Fougeretz (photo, photo, photo, photo) is white with the municipal logo.
The logo features the steeple of the parish church dedicated to St. Joseph. Erected in 1902 by architect Arthur Regnault in neo-Romanesque style, the church reused some sculpted elements from the former parish church.
[Inventaire du patrimoine culturel en Bretagne]
Arthur Regnault (1839-1932) designed or contributed to the design of 71 parish churches, two chapels and one collegiate churches in the department of Ille-et-Vilaine. The architect presented himself as a church builder, although he designed during his long career (1865-1929) a dozen of manors and restored another dozen of them, as well as private houses and manors, mostly in the town of Rennes, and dozens of Roman Catholic schools. He also set up hundreds of decorative fireplaces in private houses. Regnault designed another four churches in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick for the Eudists.
[Patrick Harismendy. 2012. Arthur Regnault, architecte (1839-1932). La quintessence de l'art sacré. Annales de Bretagne et des Pays de l'Ouest 119-1]
Olivier Touzeau & Ivan Sache, 12 October 2021