Last modified: 2018-01-31 by rob raeside
Keywords: west mersea | red ensign | seaxes |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The badge consists of 3 seaaxes from the Essex coat-of-arms. The club's
secretary verifies that the seaaxes should be placed in the ensign's lower fly
Clay Moss, 23 October 2007
Estd.: 22 April 1899
Location: West Mersea, Essex.
Note: Originally formed as the Mersea Sailing Club, the name was changed in 1926. The defaced Red Ensign was granted in 1953.
Peter Edwards, 30 January 2018
image by Clay Moss, 23 May 2007