Last modified: 2023-06-03 by zachary harden
Keywords: autistan | autistic |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Eric Lucas, 3 July 2017
We are autistics and we have our own
"mental country" (or world), the Autistan:
You can see a real flag at autistan.kz and we have a physical Embassy in Rio: http://Autistan.rio
Eric Lucas, 4 July 2017
- White central star = autism (with its different characteristics) (or "the superior spirit", etc.)
- Areas of light colors around the star: different aspects of the person's authentic personality (various, rich etc. and not sad or ordinary)
- Peripheral color zones: aspects of personality displayed by the person (what s/he shows to society - and which more or less resembles the authentic "internal" aspects, but one sees that there is a dimension of "reinforcement" or even shield)
- White circle: the outside of the "bubble", or "what I see" or "society, the local environment"
- White stripe: what is possible, where I can go (which in fact is almost unlimited, if noticed)
- Blue: sky / sea / universe
- Small white triangles: communication of any kind, including neurological signals and other information (between autism and the outside, with interactions with the personality of course) - note how it is not direct, and like the information goes "by protecting" autism.
- little coloured triangles: perhaps they are akin to "forces" or "fearlessness" that makes it possible to go forward, to overcome obstacles, to be enterprising enough to finally get through hardships.
Eric Lucas, 11 September 2017
The date of creation of the flag: it was printed in real on the 5th August 2016, and created in
July 2016 (as seen at http://Autistan.kz).
Eric Lucas, 27 April 2020