Bant is a village in the Noordoostpolder, Flevoland province. It's in the
noortheastern corner of the NOP, a bit south of the Frisian Lemmer and
a bit west of the Overijselse Kuinre.
The flag is exposed on this
webpage. According to Anton Jansen's magazine "Vlaggen", #91 (1996),
pp 1292/1293 this flag was introduced (together was the village arms) in
April 1986, when Bant celebrated its 35th anniversary. The green bottom
with the white waves represent water; the brownish field is land, charged
with three black cornears. The top should be bright blue with a black "kiekendief"
(marsh-harrier), the symbol of the new province of Flevoland. According
to Jansen it should be understood that when only one copy is made of the
village flag it may be wise to write the village name on it (in black).
Bant (or Bantega) was a village in the Frisian "grietenij" (municipality)
of Lemsterland, swept away by the sea c. 1700. Its agricultural area extended
far into the present Noordoostpolder. A village named Bant was rebuilt
between Lemmer and Oosterzee in Lemsterland, but was renamed Bantega in
1945 in order to prevent confusion with Bant in the Noordoostpolder.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Nov 2006