This is in NW Rotterdam. The name of the original villsge was Schie; in
the Middle Ages a new settlement developed in its neighbourhood, named
Nieuwerschie, so the old settlement was named Ouwerschie (old Schie). Later
that was named colloquially Overschie. It is now proud of the Van Nelle
factory, a model of industrial archaeology.
Overschie Coat of Arms
by Jarig Bakker, 21 Jul 2004, after Derkwillem Visser's "Gemeentevlaggen
en wapens Koninkrijk der Nederlanden, 2001".
Granted 24 Jul 1816
The castle refers to the castle Rodenrijs; the left part is the old
arms of the lordship Overschie.