Last modified: 2018-12-01 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: panama | coclé | aguadulce |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
the district of Aguadulce in Coclé Province, Panama, has adopted a flag: a
municipal decree from 13th September 2016 adopted the flag and it was published
in the official gazette on the 3rd of October. The flag was displayed for the
first time on 19th October 2016 for the anniversary of the foundation of the
district in 1848.
It consists of two rectangular stripes of equal size, with red upper stripe in honor of San Juan Bautista, patron of Aguadulce, and gray lower stripe representing the district's progress. The five white stars represent each of the corregimientos (Aguadulce, Pocri, Barrios Unidos, El Cristo, Roble). On the central white disk are two hills, one of which is the Vigia hill, which was an important place during the Thousand Days' War (1899-1902). The green part under the hills stands for the mangroves, and the white squares for salt works.
Under the disk are two sugar canes.
The flag was designed by John Michael Varela Varela, and was chosen through a contest organized by the Municipal Council of Aguadulce.
Olivier Touzeau, 20 January 2017
image by Fred Drews, 2 November 2018