Bartniczka - rural commune, Brodnica County, Kujawsko-Pomorskie Voivodship
- oldest name: Bartnicka (1755); older name: Bartniczki (1879); German
name: Bartnitzka; older name of the commune: gmina Grążawy (until 2004).
Gmina Bartniczka is a rural commune in Brodnica County, Kuyavian-Pomeranian
Voivodship, in north-central Poland. Its seat is the village of Bartniczka,
which lies approximately 14 kilometres (9 mi) east of Brodnica and 70 km
(43 mi) east of Toruń.
Area: 83.35 sq.km (32.2 sq.mi); Population: 4,570 (2006).
A typical agricultural commune famous for beekeeping.
In 1303, the Kuyavian Prince - Leszek - gave the area to the Teutonic
In 1446 it was included in the Crown of Poland.
In 1774 - under Prussian occupation following the partition of Poland.
1807-15 - within Grand Duchy of Warsaw.
1815 - back to the Prussians.
1918 - back to Poland.
The brand new Arms and flag adopted on May 15, 2009 (resolution # XXII/109/09).
"Arms: on the blue field an old-style beehive in the trunk of the tree.
On both sides of it, three golden bees - one on the right and two on the
Flag: a blue rectangle in the ratio 5:8 with the Arms in its middle."
The author of the project is Dr. Krzysztof Mikulski of the Copernicus
University in Torun.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 24 Jun 2009
image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 24 Jun 2009
adopted 15 May 2009; design: Dr. Krzysztof Mikulski