Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: zembrzyce |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Zembrzyce is the oldest village of the present-day Sucha Beskidzka County. First mentioned, as Zubrzic, in 1333. In the XIX Century it became an important center of hides tanning.
Arms and flag adopted on April 28, 2008 (resolution # XIV-112/08).
"Arms: on the red shield a Coat of Arms "Kocierza" - silver and crossed "rogacina", silver animal hide and the golden trunk of the tree. Above, a silver cavalier (Maltese) cross.
Flag: rectangular piece of cloth in the ratio 5:8 composed of three
bands in proportions 1:3:1 in colors: red-yellow-red.
On the middle, wide yellow band the Arms are placed."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 1 Dec 2008