Jeżowe - rural commune, Nisko County, Podkarpackie Voivodship.
Gmina Jeżowe is a rural gmina (commune) in Nisko County, Subcarpathian
Voivodship, in south-eastern Poland. Its seat is the village of Jeżowe,
which lies approximately 18 kilometres (11 mi) south of Nisko and 40 km
(25 mi) north of the regional capital Rzeszów.
Area: 123.77 sq.km (47.8 sq.mi); Population: 9,871 (2006); land under
cultivation - 65%; forests - 30%.
Jeżowe was established by King Sigismund Augustus in 1554.
Arms and flag adopted on February 15, 2008
"Arms: According to Centrum of Polish Heraldry, the Arms are related
to the history, tradition and nature of the area symbolized by the gold
The radiating cross underlines the Roman Catholic faith and tradition
of the commune.
The silver horseshoe with two golden crosses comes from the noble Coat of Arms
of the Domaniewski Family, the founders and long-term owners of the area.
The name of the commune is (most likely) derived from the nickname
of one of the Domaniewskis - "Jeż" = "porcupine".
Flag: the description is not available right now.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 18 Dec 2008
Jeżowe Coat of Arms
image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 18 Dec 2008
adopted 15 Feb 2008