The flag of Gliwice misses the coats of arms of the city which should appear
in the central place as on the picture attached. Gliwice or German: Gleiwitz
is in Gliwice county, 21 km west of Katowice, with (1981) 202.238 inhabitants.
It was chartered as city in 1276; passed to Prussia in 1742; in World War
II taken by U.S.S.R. January 25 1945 assigned to Poland by Potsdam Conference
Gliwice is a city with county status, not part of Gliwice
Andrzej Potocki, 16 Nov 2000