Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: klomnice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
First mentioned in 1404.
A typical agricultural commune; land under cultivation - 71%; forests - 18%.
On the night of 20-21 July, 2007 the commune was struck by the tornado destroying several buildings in Huby, Adamów and Skrzydłów. The goat Laika was severly wouded after being struck by a tile.
The name of the commune comes from the old Polish word "kłomnia" meaning a fishing net.
Arms and flag adopted on June 29, 2004 (resolution # 147/XVI/04).
"Arms: on the green shield an axe (silver blade-golden handle) above a silver wavy ribbon symbolizing the River Warta..
Flag: Green rectangle in the ratio of 5:8 with the axe next to the hoist, and the wavy ribbon (vertical) symbolizing the meandering river, in the fly part of the flag."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 20 Dec 2008