Here is the flag of Łaziska Górne commune, Mikolów county in Śląskie vojvodship.
The history of Łaziska Górne is closely connected with the past of
the Pszczyna Lands, a territorial unit which covered most part of the present
Province of Silesia. The first mentions of the village Łaziska date from
23 of March 1287, when this area was owned by a knight called Borko of
Łaziska. Until the 17th century the inhabitants’ livelihood was solely
farming and there were only some craftsmen among them who satisfied the
local needs in that respect. At the end of the 17th century great changes
took place here as a result of the discovery of coal deposits. The development
of coal mining caused growing demand for electricity which resulted in
the construction of today’s "Łaziska" Power Plant. Transformations
occurring by the end of the 18th century, brought about deep changes
in the character of local villages, transforming them into industrial-agricultural
settlements. In this time new roads were built to connect Łaziska with
Orzesze, Zawiść, Woszczyce and Śmiłowice. In 1896 Łaziska was provided
with electricity supply and 20 years later the first water-supply system
was built. The following general development of Łaziska, which once consisted
of several dozens of farms, moved towards transforming it into a unit with
an urban character. These changes were reflected in the Prime Minister’s
decree of 9 November 1950, when Łaziska Górne was granted civic rights
on 1 January 1951. On 13 November 1964 Łaziska Średnie, together with Łaziska
Dolne that was incorporated into it, was given the status of a settlement.
After the 1973 administrative reform Łaziska Średnie and Łaziska Dolne
were included into the town’s boundaries, as well as part of the former
village Mokre, thus increasing the town’s area from 11 km2
to 20 km2.
Jens Pattke, 28 Aug 2004
In 1738 there was a hurricane which stayed for a long time in the citizen's
memory. When seals appeared in Poland in 1760, the stamp of Łaziska Górne
consisted of a picture of broken branch with some falling leaves.
In 1951 the gmina (commune) has received the town status and
together with it as a coat of arms of Łaziska Górne it accepted the image
of the stamp from 1760. It shows, on a light blue background, a black branch
and under it – seven falling gold leaves.