Flag adopted 29 June 2000.
Source: FLAGA - Biuletyn Polskiego Towarzystwa Weksylologicznego
Nr.13/14 (2001) In the XVIIth century the County of Choszczno (Kreis Arnswalde)
covered a vast territory. It included 5 cities (Choszczno, Recz, Drawno,
Pełczyce and Ińsko) and 3 country domains which were established out of
monastic properties ( Bierzwnik, Recz and Pełczyce).
In the XVIIIth and XIXth century Nowa Marchia was within the Prussian
Kingdom. Before the outbreak of the World War II the county was composed
of 66 rural districts and 3 city districts (Choszczno, Recz and Drawno).
The area of 1.256 square km was inhabited by 45.410 people.
During World War II on the terrirory of Chosczno was a prisoner of
war camp called Oflag IIB. In 1945 the district of Choszczno was
again within the borders of the Polish Country. After the War on this territory
was established The County Starosty of Choszczno. Since 1975, after abolishing
counties, this area has been divided into five districts: Choszczno, Recz,
Drawno, Krzęcin and Bierzwnik. At that time they belonged to the Gorzów
Province. Since 1999 Choszczno again has become the county city and was
included into the West Pomeranian Province. At present the County of Choszczno
includes 6 districts: Choszczno, Recz, Drawno, Krzęcin, Bierzwnik and Pełczyce.
Source: county website.
Jens Pattke, 5 Nov 2001