Image based on the Heraldický Register Slovenskej Republiky III, 2003
- Stropkov, Stropkov district, Prešov region - adopted 18 Oct 1988.
Stropkov lies on the left bank of the Ondava river in the beautiful
scenery of Ondava Highlands in East Slovakia. It is first mentioned in
documents in 1404, but it existed already before the 13th Century. In 1404
Stropkov (Stropko) was a small town - oppidum. In 1757 the so called big
guild came into existence - very rare in Slovak history. Population: 6.000.
Stropkov Coat of Arms
from http://www.tatrahome.sk/revue/erby/ . (!Link does not work any more!)