Last modified: 2019-12-22 by rick wyatt
Keywords: st. charles | missouri | st. charles county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
located by Valentin Poposki, 1 July 2007
White over red bicolor with the seal centered. State name in black above the seal, city name in white below it.
"St. Charles is a city in, and the county seat of St. Charles County, Missouri. It lies just to the northwest of St. Louis, Missouri, on the Missouri River, and played for a time a significant role in the United States' westward
expansion. It is the second oldest city west of the Mississippi, founded in 1765 as Les Petites Côtes, "The Little Hills", by Louis Blanchette, a French Canadian fur trader and was the last "civilized" stop for the Lewis and Clark Expedition. The city served as the first Missouri capital, from 1821 to 1826. It is the site for the Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne shrine. It is also the home base for the St. Louis National Weather Service Forecast Office, serving central, east-central and northeastern Missouri as well as west-central and southwest Illinois. It has a population of 62,304 and area of 52.8 km2."
- from Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Charles,_Missouri.
Valentin Poposki, 1 July 2007
image located by Paul Bassinson, 30 September 2019
Paul Bassinson, 30 September 2019