Last modified: 2019-12-24 by rick wyatt
Keywords: mount holly | new jersey | burlington county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Michael Del Duca, 26 August 2019
According to the 1983 article "Civic Flags of New Jersey" by Don Healy, Mount
Holly has a flag.
The flag "uses a white field bearing the township seal for its banner. The seal, which dates back to December 1965, is simple - an outline of Mount Holly...with a single holly leaf and berry placed upon it. In a semi-circle over this emblem is TOWNSHIP OF MOUNT HOLLY; underneath are 1667 and NEW JERSEY. The outline of the mountain and the leaf are green; the berry and lettering are in red."
About Mount Holly - Mount Holly, township (town), seat (1795) of Burlington county, south-central New Jersey, U.S. It lies along Rancocas Creek, 19 miles (31 km) east of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Established by Quakers in 1677 and incorporated in 1688, it was known successively as Northampton and Bridgetown until it was renamed for the holly-covered hill on which it was built. A temporary capital of New Jersey during the American Revolution, Mount Holly was raided several times by the British.
From Encyclopedia Britannica - https://www.britannica.com/place/Mount-Holly
Michael Del Duca, 26 August 2019