Last modified: 2022-09-23 by rick wyatt
Keywords: dallas corinthian yacht club | united states yacht club | texas |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Miles Li, 17 August 2022
The W.E. Callahan Construction Company in 1927 completed the Garza Dam. With
it, the Dallas Lake was born. In 1957, this became part of a larger lake, which
eventually received the name of Lewisville Lake.
In 1956, however, a small yacht club was created on what at the time was still called Lake Dallas. Over time, the lake grew more crowded, with multiple boat clubs. Of those, the only other yacht club, the Yacht Harbor Sailing Club, in 1976 merged with the Dallas Corinthian.
The burgee of the club is similar to the flag of the state of Texas. The ratios are probably somewhat different, due to the burgee tapering, but the basic design is the same: A white over red fly, with a blue hoist with in its centre a white five-pointed star, one point up.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 15 August 2022