Last modified: 2020-04-30 by rick wyatt
Keywords: animbiigoo zaagi'igan anishinaabek first nation | ontario |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image located by Janis Lasmanis, 23 April 2020
Our First Nation members had been without a home for generations. Only one reserve (Gull Bay) was created for the “Lake Nipigon Band of Indians” following the signing of the Robinson-Superior Treaty in 1850. It was not until 1921 that our community was recognized by the government of Canada as “Lake Nipigon Various Places”.
The flag is white with the emblem centered, featuring a group of people around a fire.