Last modified: 2015-08-22 by francisco gregoric
Keywords: santa fe | provincia de santa fe | beravebú | casilda | chevron (red) | laurel | elortondo | villa cañas | las toscas | reconquista | villa ocampo | carrizales | villa saralegui | fortín olmos |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
According to http://www.portalbioceanico.com/sf_municipios_categorias.htm,
Santa Fe province is divided in 19 departments, which in turn are divided in
363 communes, of which 48 are called municipalities (those with more than
10 000 inhabitants); of these, two are considered 1st class municipalities
(Rosario and Santa Fe, because these more than 200 000 inhabitants),
while all others are 2nd class.
António Martins, 08 Dec 2004
The municipality of Berabevú (2,393 inhabitants in 2001; 226 sq. km)
is located in southern Santa Fe Province, 320 km of Santa Fe City.
Berabevú was first settled by Carlos Calado de Alisal. The town emerged as a railway station built between the towns of Los Quirquinchos and Chañar Ladeado. Plots were acquired by the railway engineer Enrique Woodgate, who commissioned in 1902 a company from Córdoba, to draft the plan of a new settlement. The exact date of establishment of Berabevú is not known; for years, it was fixed to 2 July 1908, the day the first Municipal Commission was allegedly established. Since no record of this event was found in the Provincial Archives, the date of establishment of the town was subsequently changed to 1 July 1902, the day the railway station was inaugurated.
The origin of the name of Berabevú is disputed. The most commonly accepted etymology to a Guarani word meaning "a large laguna", alluding to a laguna died-up long ago. The historian Saturnino Muniagurria believes that the roots of the name are the words "breva", "shining", and "bevu", "light", "floating". The historian Udaondo claims that "berabevú" was the local name of a plant growing profusely in the region.
Berabevú is the birth town of Alejandro Gómez (1908-2005), who was elected Vice President of Argentina in 1958 and resigned seven months later following a policy dispute with President Arturo Frondizi.
The flag of Berabevú is prescribed by Municipal Ordinance No. 19 of 27 June 2012.
The flag was inaugurated on 1 July 2012 during the celebration of the 110th anniversary of the establishment of the town.
The flag is divided green-blue by an orange ascending diagonal stripe, with its upper edge outlined in gray. A seven-rayed yellow sun is placed in canton.
Green represents the sown fields, as a source of work for most inhabitants of the area.
Orange represents the rising sun that enlightens every morning the horizon of Berabevú.
Celeste blue represents the immense sky.
The sun, as the source of life, is taken from the coat of arms of Berabevú; The gray line represents the railways, as the origin of the settlement of Berabevú.
Orange and blue recall the etymology of Berabevú. Orange is the colour of the fruit of the shrub locally known as "berabevú". Blue is the colour of water, alluding to the meaning of "berabevú" in Guarani, "a big laguna".
The coat of arms of Berabevú, oval with a double black outline, is compliant with the heraldic traditions of the province and of the country. The Spanish-Arab shape of the shield, inscribed within a rectangle with rounded-off corners, grants a modern configuration to the shield.
The field of the shield is horizontally divided into two equal parts. The upper part is azure (blue), representing the sky, why the lower part is argent (white), representing the purity and integrity of the inhabitants of the town.
The charges of the shield are placed vertically. In the middle of the shield appears the sun, yellow or (yellow), meaning the source of energy required for life and the main activity in the region (Humid Pampa). Above the sun and along the vertical axis of the shield is placed a cross (of brown colour), as a reference to faith, symbolizing the Christian vocation historically adopted by the population. Beneath the sun, along the vertical axis of the shield are placed railways (of gray and brown colours), as the symbol of the origin and location of the settlement and of means of communication and development in the first decades of existence of the settlement. Finally, in base of the shield, still along its vertical axis, is placed a basket filled with the main products of the region: maize, wheat, soy. The basket is coloured or, as a symbol of work accomplished generation after generation.
The font used for the date of foundation of the settlement [not shown on the image) is Euro Roman.
The flag was selected in the public contest "Berabevú elige su bandera" (Berabevú elects its flag), prescribed in 2012 by Municipal Ordinance No. 8. The three winning designed, selected among 14 proposals, were proclaimed by the jury in Decision No. 1 of 2 June 2012. The first prize was awarded to Provincial School No. 6,029 "José Pedroni); the second prize was awarded to Idio Antonio Faraoni; the third prize was awarded to School of Intermediate Teaching for Adults No. 1,259.
Permission to use the flag is granted to individuals, institutions, cultural, educative, social and sports entities, and to private organisms.
Ivan Sache, 10 Aug 2013
The municipality of Bigand (5,177 inhabitants in 2008; 30,100 ha) is located in the south of the Province of Santa Fe, 240 km of the provincial capital.
The town, founded on 15 July 1909, is named for his founder, Víctor Aureliano Bigand, the son of a colon of French origin (more exactly from Caulières, Picardy), Honoré Juan Bautista Bigand, who had built a grain mill in the area in 1878-1880. The announcement published in the Rosario newspaper "El Capital" on 15 October 1910 yielded the building of more than 100 houses within a year.
The recent adoption and subsequent use of the municipal flag was reported on several pages of the municipal blog, as follows.
15 July 2009: A colour photo shows the flag presented by its designer, Caren Menna.
The other entries submitted in the public contest "Nuestra Bandera" (Our Flag) are shown
17 July 2009: Caren Menna describes her flag
Intended to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the foundation of the town, the flag shows near the hoist a half rising sun, representing the birth of the town.
The red colour of the sun symbolizes valor and courage. The rays of the sun are represented in a curvilinear, tribal shape, contrasting with the rectilinear shape used in other flags.
The background of the flag is yellow near the hoist, contrasting with the red colour of the sun and symbolizing light, joy, happiness, intelligence and energy.
The colours of the flag are those of the national and provincial flags: celeste blue, white, red and yellow. The limit between the yellow and blue flags is not straightforward but made of a yellow-white-blue gradation, confirmed on the aforementioned photo of the real flag.
18 August 2009: The building of the "Paseo de las Banderas" (Flags' Promenade), on which the flags of all the Argentinean provinces will be hoisted together with the flag of Bigand and, on the highest pole, of Argentina, is announced.
13 October 2009: The inauguration of the Flags' Promenade during the festival celebrating of the 100th anniversary of the town, held on 12 October, is reported, with colour photos.
19 October 2009: A students' visit to the Flags' Promenade is reported, with a colour photo showing the flag of Bigand hoisted outdoors.
18 December 2009: The result of a local computer freaks' contest are proclaimed, with a colour photo showing the flag of Bigand hoisted indoors.
Ivan Sache, 18 Dec 2009
The municipality of Casilda (31,127 inhabitants in 2001; 24 sq. km) is located in the south of the Santa Fe Province, 210 km of Santa Fe City and 60 km of Rosario.
Casilda originates in the Candelaria colony, founded in 1870 by the colonist Carlos Casado del Alisal (1833-1899) around the Los Desmochados cattle estate. Born in Spain, Casado emigrated to Rosario after 1857, founding there a bank. He purchased the first 30 shares of the Argentine Central Railways and founded in 1883 the Santa Fe Western Railways, the first private railways company in the province owned by a local. The railways originally linked the grain-producing colony of Candelaria to the port of Rosario. On 12 April 1878, seven sailboats had left the port with 4,500 tons of grain harvested in Candelaria; this event was the first grain export from Argentina. The building of an urban nucleus, originally named Santa Casilda, started on 11 November 1873. Casilda was named for the mother of Carlos Casado. The town of Casilda was officially established on 29 September 1907.
The flag of Casilda is horizontally divided white-green by a red chevron, with a yellow curved wheat ear in the white part.
Ivan Sache, 04 Oct 2012
The Municipality of the Town of Sunchales (Municipalidad de la Ciudad de Sunchales) is located in the north-est of the Santa Fe Province, in the region called "Wet Pampa". The town is an important railway and road crossroads.
The city originates in a fort built in 1796 by the Spaniards to secure the communications between Buenos Aires and Perou, near a village called Los Sunchales. After the suppression of the fort, attempts of recolonization of the village failed in 1867 and 1871. On 19 October 1886, Governor Dr. José Gálvez approved the plans and the name of the new village of Sunchales, finalizing what is known as the Third Colonization. On 19 October 1967, for the 81st anniversary of the foundation of the village, Law 06360 granted to Sunchales the title of Town (Ciudad).
In 1929, the Italian engineer Alfredo Rotania built in Sunchales the first motorized harvester in the world. The machine has been restored and can still work.
On 6 September 2006, the Municipal administration launched the official contest for the flag of Sunchales. The contest is prescribed by 11 articles.
Ariel Balderrama reports in "Sunchales Hoy", 10 June 2007, reports a proposal of Decree issued by the municipal executive prescribing the adoption of the design made by Eloísa Noralí Ponte, winner of the contest "Sunchales shall have a flag", as the municipal flag. The explanation and technical specifications of the flag are in Appendix I attached to the proposal.
Ivan Sache, 11 Jun 2007
It is a yellow over light green horizontal bicolor with a large emblem over all.
António Martins-Tuválkin, 11 Jun 2007
The municipality of Elortondo (5,679 inhabitants in 2001; 455 sq. km) is located in the south of the Santa Fe Province, 320 km from Santa Fe.
Elortondo is the birth place of the football player Hugo Ernesto Gottardi (b. 1953), winner of the 1983 national championship with Estudiantes La Plata, and of the boxer Miguel Ángel Cuello (1946-1999), winner of the WBC World Light Heavyweight title in 1977.
The flag of Elortondo is horizontally divided blue-pale green (c.6:5). In the middle is placed a yellow rising sun surrounded by a white serrated halo and placed over a white horizontal bar. In the lower part of the flag are placed four brown diagonal stripes.
Ivan Sache, 09 Jan 2014
The municipality of Santa Isabel (4,877 inhabitants in 2001; 370 sq.
km) is located in the south of the Santa Fe Province, 350 km of the town of Santa Fe de la Vera Cruz.
The flag of Santa Isabel, selected in the contest "A flag for my town" organized in May-June 2005, was unveiled on 9 July (Independence Day) 2005, with the delivery of flags to all the educational institutes of the town.
The flag, designed by Rafael Sunde, is quartered by a thin white cross skewed to the hoist. The first quarter is red with the Argentine sun, the second quarter is celeste blue, the third quarter is dark blue, and the fourth quarter is green.
As explained by the flag designer, the cross represents the Southern Cross. The lower blue quarter represents the sea, from which came the immigrants that founded the settlements in the middle of the pampas, represented by the green quarter. The upper quarters represent the sun and the limpid sky, symbolizing the friendly climate of the region, and making possible the growth of the pampas represented in the lower right quarter.
The four colors also represent the four elements: the water (blue), the earth (green), the fire (red), and the air (celeste blue). The flag also features the colors of the national and provincial flags, as well as the colors of the local sports club (blue-red, green- white, and white-light blue). The white color of the cross, surmonted by the celeste color of the sky, represents the national flag, while, surrounded by the red color of the sun's quarter and the blue color, it forms the provincial flag. White means in the laws of heraldry [sic] hope, purity and peace, and represents argent, which historically identifies us as inhabitants of Rio de la Plata (Argent River). The cross was also made white because white is the sum of the red, green and blue colors. The red, green and blue lights unite in a white light of peace and hope.
The division of the flag in quarters recall the original map of the town, both in its urban and rural zones. In Santa Isabel, there are no diagonals and no circles either; the rural ways communating with the neighboring villages are all rectilinear.
The dimensions of the flag shall be 0.90 m x 1. 40 m, matching the official proportions of the national flag, 9:14.
Ivan Sache, 09 Oct 2010
The municipality of Venado Tuerto (c. 95,000 inhabitants in 2010; 4,705 sq. km) is located in the south of the Santa Fe Province, 161 km of Rosario.
The odd name of the town, lit., One-Eyed Deer, might be the direct translation of its Araucanian name, Traumá Trüli, refering to a lake once located near the present-day town of Christopherson, shown for the first time on a map of the Southern Pampas released in 1872. The name alludes to a mythological one-eyed deer, whose empty orbit throws firelights; living most time apart from the civilization, the scaring deer sometimes enters the crop fields on moonless nights. A similar legend refers to a man living in the wild near the lake; mentally-disabled and far away from any woman, the man was nicknamed the One-Eyed Deer. Yet another version refers to a ghost who scared the horses of a thief. The villagers believed that the ghost was the spirit protecting the place.
Venado Tuerto is the cradle of the San Lorenzo March, a military anthem composed in 1901 by Cayetano Alberto Silva (1868-1901 to recall the San Lorenzo Battle (3 February 1813). The house where the anthem was written is now a museum.
The flag of Venado Tuerto, selected following a public contest, as precribed on 5 March 2003 by Decree No. 3025. is prescribed by Decree No. 3964, adopted on 7 August 2003. The flag was designed by Ariel Fabian Altobello who described it as follows (the full description is part of the Decree):
The municipality of Villa Cañás (10,708 inhabitants in 2001; 605 sq. km) is located in the south of the Santa Fe Province, 370 km of Santa Fe City.
Villa Cañás was founded on 17 May 1902 by the Spanish colonist Juan Cañás (1833-1910).
The flag of Villa Cañás is horizontally divided light blue-green, the two filed being separated by a thin white fimbriation. All over is placed an emblem, whose upper half is made of an orange rising sun with golden yellow rays and the the lower half is made of a red half cog wheel; in the middle is placed a golden yellow wheat spike outlined in orange.
Ivan Sache, 05 Jan 2014
The municipality of Las Toscas (10,004 inhabitants in 2001; 372 sq. km) is located in the northwest of the Santa Fe Province, 430 km of Santa Fe City. The town was founded on 23 August 1880.
The flag of Las Toscas is vertically divided red-blue with the municipal emblem in the middle.
The building on the emblem is the mirador of Fort Las Toscas, made of hardwood, which was part of the fortification line established by General Manuel Obligado to watch the border. These fortresses protected the colonies recently established in Florencia, Las Toscas, Villa Ocampo and Las Garzas. Following the set up of the settlement of Las Toscas, the fortress was progressively abandoned. THe mirador was recently rebuilt as it was, to be used as a symbol and pride of Las Toscas.
Ivan Sache, 04 Oct 2012
The district of Nicanor E. Molinas is part of the department of General Obligado, Santa Fe Province.
The district was established in 1995 by Law 11,357. A Law adopted in August 2014 transferred 15 plots from the neighbouring district of La Sarita to Nicanor E. Molinas, which had been misassigned by the original Law.
The district is named for the lawyer, politician and official Nicanor E. Molinas (1823-1892). He took different public offices under the presidencies of Justo José de Urquiza (1854-1860) and Santiago Derqui (1860-1861).
The flag of Nicanor E. Molinas is celestial blue with a red right- angled triangle placed along the hoist and a green right-angled placed along the fly. A golden yellow rising sun with nine golden yellow rays is placed at the bottom of the flag, the two outer rays extending up to the upper corners of the flag and separating the triangles from the main field.
The flag, officially unveiled in the evening of 23 December 2014, was selected among 26 submissions to a public contest. The winning design was submitted by "Los Soñadores", the collective pseudonym of Ignacio Espinosa, Oriana Lugo, Luciano Saravia, Soledad Cian, Nadia Zanel and Rosendo González. Héctor J. Giuliani and the students Sabina Zupel and Alcides Petean were appointed standard bearer
Ivan Sache, 21 Jan 2015
The municipality of Reconquista (63,490 inhabitants in 2001; 537 sq. km) is located in the north-east of the Santa Fe Province. Founded on 27 April 1872 as an agricultural colony by Manuel Obligado and officialized by Provincial Decree on 22 November 1872, Reconquista was granted the status of town on 10 October 1921.
Municipal Decree No. 5845/08 prescribes a competition entitled "Flag of the town of Reconquista".
From 10 to 24 October 2008, the importance of the municipal flag will be explained in the education institutes of the town. From 17 to 21 November, a jury will be commissioned in each institute by the Director to select no more than three proposals, to be sent to the municipal administration on 24 November. Another jury will meet between the 25 and 30 November to select no more than three proposals among those submitted by the institutes. Yet another jury, to meet between the 17 and 30 November, will select no more than three proposals among those submitted by the general public. Yet another jury will meet on 11 December to elect the town flag, which will be officially unveiled on 27 April 2009.
Ivan Sache, 24 Oct 2008
The flag of Reconquista is prescribed by Municipal Ordinance No. 9 of 29 April 2009.
Designed by Mariano Flores, the flag is prescribed as follows:
The municipality of Villa Ocampo (25,101 inhabitants, therefore the 3rd most populous municipality in the General Obligado Department; 819 sq. km) is located in the valley of Paraná, 430 km of Santa Fe City.
Villa Ocampo was originally established as Colonia Ocampo, as part of the colonization plan of the Chaco National Territory. Manuel Ocampo Samanés founded on 30 November 1878 Colonia Ocampo. The concession granted by the government required the settlement of 120 colonists within four years. Originally expected to be located in Puerto San Vicente, on river Paraná, the colony was built upwards following big floods in 1879 and 1879.
At the end of the 19th century, Colonia Ocampo was ranked among the most progressivist colonies in the province; the colony had a significant population nucleus (3,087 inhabitants in 1887) and four schools. Puerto Ocampo was served by a steam tug and several smaller boats. The railway line inaugurated in 1884 was the first in the Chaco National Territory; it linked Puerto San Vicente, and, subsequently, Puerto Ocampo, to Villa Adela. The islands of Paraná required the building of several bridges. The sugar mill "Manolo", inaugurated on 27 July 1884, was the first modern factory set up in Chaco. Villa Ocampo was established by the Decree of 12 April 1962.
The flag of Villa Ocampo is diagonally divided - per bend sinister - green-white, with the municipal coat of arms emblem all over. The coat of arms is oval, framed on its left by a half silver gearing wheel inscribed in red "VILLA OCAMPO: CIUDAD DULCE Y CORDIAL" and on its right by a sugar cane plant. The inner part of the emblem shows a field with white and green furrows under a celeste blue sky. In the middle, a yellow spear charged with a Christian cross countercoloured yellow and red, placed over two yellow arrows with red and yellow flights, crossed per saltire and tied to the spear by a white ribbon. At the bottom of the emblem, three branches of cotton.
The upper green triangle represents the natural environment and commitment to its preservation. The green and white flag, diagonally divided, represents the main immigration flows in the region. Green represents hope while white represents peace.
The spear and the arrows represents the pre-colonial times; the white ribbon stands for peace.
The furrows represents work and agriculture. United with the celeste blue background of the sky, they represent the commitment of the immigrants aspirating to a better future. Sugar cane and cotton are the main local crops.
The gearing represents industry and the microentrepreneurs of the town.
The cross symbolizes the Christian faith and love for God.
The motto (Villa Ocampo: Sweet and Warmth Town) highlights the sweetness of the main crop and the warmth of the inhabitants, as well as social values to be maintained in the community.
The flag was selected in a public contest, prescribed in 1998 by Municipal Ordinance No. 556. The jury met four times to shortlist eight proposals among the 117 submitted. On 4 November 1998, the jury unanimously awarded the 1st Prize to Marcos Roberto Quevedo Acevedo, the 2nd Prize to Álvaro Lisandro Gaitán, the 3rd Prize to Romina Soledad Gracioli, the 1st Special Mention to Marcela Marcelina Gauna, and Special Mentions to Sofía Ramírez, Lucas Fernández, Julia Belén Zoloaga, and Vanesa Valenzuela.
The final design, based on the 1st Prize, included some elements from the 2nd Prize and the 1st Special Mention, "to achieve a better conceptual clarity"
Ivan Sache, 06 Oct 2012
According to the newspaper "La Capital", 30 September 2008, the municipality of Cañada de Gomez has launched a competition for the design of the municipal flag. The competition is open to all inhabitants of Cañada de Gomez.
Ivan Sache, 02 Oct 2008
The municipality of Carrizales (1,318 inhabitants in 2001) is located 120 km from Santa Fe City.
Carrizales was originally named Carrizales de Medina, for sedge groves ("carrizales") and the Medina family, which was granted the place in 1773. The grant was confirmed by the Governor of the province in 1823 and 1825. The place was subsequently acquired by Pardón, who sold it on 13 November 1882 to Dionisio Aldao. The site of the current downtown of Carrizales was purchased on 9 April 1885 by Rovetto; his neighbours were the farmers José Forchino, Isidoro Escalante and Custodio Fernández, the first settlers of the area.
The Rosario-Díaz railway line was inaugurated in 1886, without a stop in Carrizales. On 13 January 1888, Clarke purchased a plot, which he ceded to the Argentine Central Railway Co. to build a railway station and a village nearby.
The municipality of Carrizales, also known locally as Estación Clarke, or, simply, Clarke, was established on 7 August 1908.
The flag of Carrizales - Estación Clarke is horizontally divided red-light blue-white-light blue-white-light blue-white-red-green (3:1:1:1:12:1:1:1:3). In the middle of the flag is placed an emblem made of a sun charged with a map of Carrizales, crossed by railways and with star marking the location of the settlement. Two green laurel branches are placed beneath the emblem.
White is a symbol of peace, purity and safety.
Red is a symbol of value, courage, joy and passion.
The upper thin stripes recall the national flag, while the lower thin stripes recall the provincial flag.
Green is a symbol of nature, harmony, growth and hope.
The railways recall that the settlement was founded in 1889 near the Clarke railway station.
The laurel recalls the victory of Estanislao López over Juan Lavalle in the Battle of Mío-Mío / Los Carrizales*.
*After the execution of Dorrego (1787-1828), Juan Lavalle (1797-1841) proclaimed himself Governor of Buenos Aires on 1 December 1828. The National convention of the Río de la Plata United Provinces did not recognize the new Governor, neither did the provincial Federalist caudillos. Estanislao López (1786-1838), Governor of Santa Fe, attracted Lavalle's cavalry near Carrizales in a place planted with an herb known as mío-mío / romerillo. Lavalle's riders, not aware that the plant was toxic to horses, found all the horses dead the next morning, and were slaughtered by López' troops.
Ivan Sache, 09 Jan 2014
The Commune of San Jeronimo Norte is part of Department of Las Colonias in the Province of Santa Fe, Argentina. It has 5575 inhabitants.
The flag of San Jerónimo Norte was created thinking about the origins of the community and about the nationality of the [Swiss immigrant] ancestors, their first settlement in "The Four Mountains," which was the starting point for reaching base in San Jeronimo Norte. The flag is a combination of the above.
It is divided in four fields of visual forms asymmetrical, representing the arrival of the immigrants to "Los Cuatro Montes".
The white cross alludes to the crossing of roads that make up the Four Mountains, the cross of the Catholic faith so rooted in the ancestors and the cross of the Swiss flag.
The red color: It was marginalized on the left side of the emblem, two tables summarizing the intense red flag of Switzerland, respecting the dimensions, the symmetry of the white canes that form the cross.
Having found that reading is done from left to right, this location supports the logic in terms of Swiss origin of the people of San Jerónimo Norte. In addition, the color red is common in the flags of most of the nationalities of the immigrants who go to the place: Italians, Germans, French, Spanish, Russian, Lebanese, Croats, Poles, Yugoslavs, and so on.
Light blue color: To the right of the emblem are marginalized Celestial two zones, with the yellow circle, representing the colors and elements of the flag of Argentina. This location also reflects the transition from past to present, with regard to nationality.
The combination of red, white and blue - blue at the top evoking the flag of the Province of Santa Fe.
The yellow circle represents the sun as a source of energy, light and hope. It also denotes the core of families who travel from very distant lands to be placed on those who would be the fourth corner, without them knowing it, the geographic origin.
Authors of the flag are: Michael Moser (creator of the coat of San Jeronimo Norte 1974), Daniel Neder (Graphic Designer), Mariana Jullien (BA in Visual Communication Design).
Valentin Poposki, 20 Dec 2008
The municipality of Rosario (908,163 inhabitants in 2001, 17,869 ha) is the third biggest town in Argentina, after Buenos Aires and Córdoba. The town is known as the "Cradle of the Argentine Flag"; the National Flag Memorial recalls that General Manuel Belgrano raised there on 27 February 1812 for the first time the newly created Argentine flag.
On 3 June 2010, "Rosario3" reported the adoption on the same day of the municipal flag of Rosario by the Municipal Council. The flag, promoted by Mayor Miguel Lifschitz, is white with the municipal shield designed by the painter Julio Vanzo in the middle.
The municipal shield of Rosario is presented on the municipal website. In 1939, the Government of the Province of Santa Fe allowed the municipalities to use a shield. Rosario already had a shield, designed in May 1862 by Eudoro Carrasco. The original design was subjected to several variations, thus a norm defining the shield's design was required.
Municipal Decree No. 1737/1964, adopted on 18 December 1964 and promulgated on 8 January 1965, prescribes the shield, with a drawing made by Julio Vanzo, based on a sketch elaborated in 1957 by Angel Guido, the designer of the National Flag Memorial and of the Post Office.
Municipal Decree No. 15810 (1998) prescribes the use of the caot of arms in front of the municipal building and on official documents.
The shield is officially described as follows:
The commune of Colonia Ana (350 inhabitants in 2001) is located 200 km northwest of Santa Fe.
In "El Departamental", 23 May 2012, Roberto Zelaya reported the public contest for the commune's flag. On 21 May 2012, the jury assessed the 12 proposals and unanimously elected the winning design. The new flag will be unveiled on 15 June 2012 in a place still to be chosen.
Ivan Sache, 23 May 2012
The flag is ~3:5 with two white radial "shark fins" (is this undertsandable?) stretucing from bottom hoist to the middle upper fly with thick grey fimbriations, dividing three areas of the flag cloth, of which two are green and the bottom one is red. On the upper hoist, 12 grey five-pointed stars stacked 5+3+2+1+1, aligned to the hoist.
The text on this on line image says that the flag was designed by Miguel Ángel Esquef and that it is official. Still according to the text, the stars stand for the 12 boroughs of the city and their arrangement means that unity yields strength; the curve lines stand for the railroad industry on which the city's wealth was based. Silver is said to symbolize the denizen's temperance, truthiness and integrity, green is for the city's wealth and red stands for the stength needed to succeed in the way to progress (no word about white, though).
António Martins-Tuválkin, 28 Mar 2007
Commune of Suardi is located in Department of San Cristobal, Province of Santa Fe, Argentina. It has about 6,000 inhabitants on 454 km2.
The flag of the commune is shown on its website. It was chosen after competition and that the winning and adopted design is that of Daniel Furlani.
Valentin Poposki, 21 Sep 2007
The municipality of Villa Saralegui (513 inhabitants in 2010) is located in the center of the Santa Fe Province.
Villa Saralegui is named for Antonio Saralegui, who offered a plot to build a railway station, which was inaugurated in January 1908.
The flag of Villa Saralegui is green with an off-centred red cross fimbriated in white whose vertical arm is set towards the fly. In canton is placed a black triangle.
The flag, selected in a public contest, was unveiled on 10 July 2011.
Ivan Sache and Christopher Southworth, 06 Jan 2014
The municipality of Villa Trinidad (2,945 inhabitants in 2001; 327 sq.
km) is located 250 km form the town of Santa Fé, in the Department of
"Diario El Litoral" reports on 7 December 2008 the adoption of the flag and arms of Villa Trinidad.
The symbols were presented during the celebration of the 99th anniversary of the village, held in the local Historic Archives and Museum, housed in the former railway station. The village was formally founded on 2 December 1909 when the first train stopped at the station. The jury selected the flag proposed by Andrea Vercelli (out of 14 submissions) and the coat of arms proposed by Rita Comba (out of 6 submissions).
The flag of Villa Trinidad has three stripes. The first stripe, incurved to the bottom, is of celeste blue colour and represents the sky. The central stripe is red, honouring the courage and strength used to build the village and the open gate on the rest of the world managed when developing the village. The lower stripe is green, representing the natural environment, source of wealth and also suggesting peace and tranquillity. The white stars, white for purity and optimism, symbolizes the hamlets ("parajes") of La Gloria and Campo Botto.
Ivan Sache, 08 Dec 2008
Gobernador Crespo is a commune in the Department of San Justo, Province of Santa Fe, Argentina. It has 7864 inhabitants on 151 km2.
Valentin Poposki, 16 Apr 2009
The flag of Gobernador Crespo was presented on 1 September 2007 during the ceremony of celebration of the 119th anniversary of the foundation of the town, held on the Central Square.
The flag was adopted after a public contest open to the inhabitants of the town. The rules and guildelines of the contest were elaborated by the ceremonialist Darío Orlando Sager. Among the submitted proposals, the jury selected the design presented by Jorge Alberto Pighin, which was officialized by Municipal Decree No. 10/07. All the institutions of the town should receive a copy of the flag.
The purple railways recall the arrival of the train* and of the first settlers, whose work, wisedom, devotion and patience contributed to the emergence and growth of the village.
Green represents the soil, recalling agriculture and cattle-breeding.
Light blue represents the sky fertilizing the soil.
Yellow represents the sun while the gears wheel represents the development as well as the industrial and commercial increase of the region.
On 1 September 1889, the first train arrived at the village of San Rómulo, later renamed Gobernador Crespo, for the funder of the railway station. The first colons settled the place in 1894, while Crespo designed in 1897 the new village, with the approval of the Provincial Government, offering several plots of his own.
The 16 proposals were shown in the "Angelica Faisal" Culture Hall. The winning proposal seems to have been slightly modified to obtain the actual official flag.
A copy of the municipal flag was offerred to Dr. Roger Randle, former Mayor of Tulsa and Senator of Oklahoma, during an official visit to the town.
Ivan Sache, 4 May 2009
The municipality of Fortín Olmos (1,991 inhabitants in 2001) is located in the north of the Santa Fe Province, 330 km from Santa Fe City.
The flag of Fortín Olmos is horizontally divided blue-green-red. In the middle is placed the municipal coat of arms, designed some years ago by alumni from the village.
The flag was inaugurated on 25 September 2011.
Ivan Sache, 18 Jan 2014
Anything below this line was not added by the editor of this page.