Last modified: 2021-12-24 by rob raeside
Keywords: san justo department | santa fé province | argentina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Gobernador Crespo is a commune in the Department of San Justo, Province of Santa Fe, Argentina. It has 7864 inhabitants on 151 km2.
Valentin Poposki, 16 Apr 2009
The flag of Gobernador Crespo was presented on 1 September 2007 during the ceremony of celebration of the 119th anniversary of the foundation of the town, held on the Central Square.
The flag was adopted after a public contest open to the inhabitants of the town. The rules and guildelines of the contest were elaborated by the ceremonialist Darío Orlando Sager. Among the submitted proposals, the jury selected the design presented by Jorge Alberto Pighin, which was officialized by Municipal Decree No. 10/07. All the institutions of the town should receive a copy of the flag.
The purple railways recall the arrival of the train* and of the first settlers, whose work, wisedom, devotion and patience contributed to the emergence and growth of the village.
Green represents the soil, recalling agriculture and cattle-breeding.
Light blue represents the sky fertilizing the soil.
Yellow represents the sun while the gears wheel represents the development as well as the industrial and commercial increase of the region.
On 1 September 1889, the first train arrived at the village of San Rómulo, later renamed Gobernador Crespo, for the funder of the railway station. The first colons settled the place in 1894, while Crespo designed in 1897 the new village, with the approval of the Provincial Government, offering several plots of his own.
The 16 proposals were shown in the "Angelica Faisal" Culture Hall. The winning proposal seems to have been slightly modified to obtain the actual official flag.
A copy of the municipal flag was offered to Dr. Roger Randle, former Mayor of Tulsa and Senator of Oklahoma, during an official visit to the town.
Ivan Sache, 4 May 2009