This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Scott, Quebec (Canada)

Last modified: 2020-12-12 by rob raeside
Keywords: scott | quebec |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Scott] image by Masao Okazaki, 26 November 2020


See also:

The municipality

Although its foundation was more recent, it is in the middle of the 18th century, with the establishment of Nouvelle-Beauce, that the history of Scott goes back, whose territory is made up of sections of the former seigneuries Jolliet and Saint-Étienne. .

However, it was at the end of the 19th century that the place experienced an economic and demographic boom due to the arrival, in 1875, of the "Lévis et Kennebec" railway built by Charles-Armstrong Scott and Louis-Napoléon Larochelle. de Saint-Anselme and the operation, from 1879, of a sawmill by Charles Crawford and his daughter Sélina Atkinson. A first mission was therefore opened in 1881. It obtained the status of parish in 1895 following its detachment from Sainte-Marie, Saint-Isidore and Saint-Bernard. The same year, the municipality of the parish of Saint-Maxime was officially recognized. In 1932, it will be divided by the formation of the municipality of Taschereau-Fortier at the request of the farmers. It will reunite in 1995 under the name of the Municipality of Scott. - Municipal website

The flag

A picture on the page of the municipality of Scott, QC, shows that its flag is a seal on a white field.

Larger version from FB:
Masao Okazaki, 26 November 2020